Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who go into threads that they know will probably upset them then complain when they get upset.

The sick jokes thread in NSFW was a lot like that a few years ago. Every second page would be someone coming in saying "that's offensive!" and trying to draw arbitrary lines in the sand as to what they themselves considered the limit of good taste, as the self-appointed arbiters of rightousness.

The sick jokes thread in NSFW was a lot like that a few years ago. Every second page would be someone coming in saying "that's offensive!" and trying to draw arbitrary lines in the sand as to what they themselves considered the limit of good taste, as the self-appointed arbiters of rightousness.

The Beastwatch thread is about child abuse ffs - there can't be a much more taboo subject than that - is that next to go?

Personally speaking, if there was a thread that was off limits for me, I'd avoid it.

The Beastwatch thread is about child abuse ffs - there can't be a much more taboo subject than that - is that next to go?

Personally speaking, if there was a thread that was off limits for me, I'd avoid it.

Same for me. For example, I've never ben on any of the P&B game threads as I don't give a shit for them, so I stay off them. There's not yet been one that made me squeamish, but if there was I'd simply not read it.

Same for me. For example, I've never ben on any of the P&B game threads as I don't give a shit for them, so I stay off them. There's not yet been one that made me squeamish, but if there was I'd simply not read it.

I'd also like to echo this statement. I've always thought the dead pool was pretty poor taste but it just meant I didn't bother reading it. Just because it offends me (doesn't really) doesn't mean it should be stopped for everyone else.

Just because a topic is serious or macabre, doesn't mean that it should be above light hearted discussion. If anything, taking the horror away from things via humour is healthy and to be encouraged. How many times have we seen, for example, Pie and Bovril threads about murders, killing sprees, terrorism, disease outbreaks, natural disasters, helicopter and bin lorry crashes descend into humour? No topic should be above being made into something that can be poked fun at and discussed. Shame the mods have closed a clearly lighthearted thread. I trust that joking about death on P&B will now be verboten in all topics.

Agreed, makes me so pissed off that I want to kill myself.

Anyone know any methods?

eBay.

Just had my account suspended for seven days for having a duplicate listing of a kid's toy. Only, it wasn't a duplicate. I got in touch with one of the customer service bots, only to be told that "it may be in your best interests to just sit out the suspension instead of pursuing this further". Not sure if that was a threat or not, but it's a wonderful way to treat someone who's been a customer for fifteen years.

Oh, they also pulled a listing (without refund) for a DVD of an old John Wayne movie due to a breach of their "Adult Materials" guidelines - "listings of items that appear to be designed for BDSM activities are not allowed. This includes items such as nipple clamps and bondage/spanking videos."

Can't say I've seen the film myself, but I'm pretty sure that banning McLintock! from sale under this pretext is pretty harsh :1eye

Oh, they also pulled a listing (without refund) for a DVD of an old John Wayne movie due to a breach of their "Adult Materials" guidelines - "listings of items that appear to be designed for BDSM activities are not allowed. This includes items such as nipple clamps and bondage/spanking videos."

Can't say I've seen the film myself, but I'm pretty sure that banning McLintock! from sale under this pretext is pretty harsh :1eye

Smut. Smut, I tell you!

220px-Mclintockposter.jpg

Trying to decide between two job offers in Europe - Bratislava or Spain. Also, trying to convince my girlfriend that moving abroad is a good idea.

Bratislava would easily be my choice FWIW. Not the easiest place to convince folk to move though?

"Where are you moving abroad? KL, Dubai, Australia?"

"No, Bratislava".

My wife goes into hospital tomorrow for an operation on her leg and will be off work for up to 8 months with only £85 a week sick pay.

FFS Keith that's tight, can you not increase her allowance a wee bit?

Trying to decide between two job offers in Europe - Bratislava or Spain. Also, trying to convince my girlfriend that moving abroad is a good idea.

Go to Bratislava. Don't forget to watch Hostel before you go though.