Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

So how is it made then?

Better reading that rather than me rambling on. In the first picture you see, that is exactly what the guy I worked with showed me. It looked bogging and the smell was unreal. Having said that I still eat the stuff :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/billion-dollar-chicken-shop-claims-5401371

Websites that sell "Video Games". I'm actually specifically referring to Argos. We're not living in America, it's a Computer Game ya dicks!

I had to have a stern word with my 8 year old nephew when he referred to his games as Video Games :lol:

Websites that sell "Video Games". I'm actually specifically referring to Argos. We're not living in America, it's a Computer Game ya dicks!

I had to have a stern word with my 8 year old nephew when he referred to his games as Video Games :lol:

You sound like a complete douchebag tbh.

Watching episodes of Taggart on the STV Player is a wee adventure every time. If the sound balance isn't so appalling through the whole episode that background noise entirely obscures dialogue (without subtitles, of course), you get rolling static because the tape has been chewed at some point. It's painfully obvious that they didn't bother keeping master copies of some episodes of one of their most popular programmes ever. "Death Comes Softly" (Blythe Duff's first appearance, Taggart fans) has a bit about eight minutes in where someone hits the fast forward button on the VCR by mistake, then fiddles around with a loose cable for a while after that :lol:

You'd hope the DVDs are better quality.

I hate how wanky the language is on job adverts

"you will...." do this and "you will...." be that.

Ridiculously wanky.

I'm lost on this one; how would you write out a list of responsibilities and traits? :huh:

Video Games are for consoles; Computer Games are for computers. Or so I've always had it in my mind, for some reason. Is that something weird I made up when I was a bairn? :huh:

To be fair, an Xbox or a playstation is Hardly a "computer" as such, is it??

I get what both of you are saying, but who has ever said the sentence "Do you wana come round to play on the games console?"? It's technically a games console but I've always referred to it as my computer: "Do you wana come round to play on the computer" (although I generally tend to refer to it as my PS4 in all honesty). If I'm buying a new game I'll refer to it as a new computer game, never a new video game. I just find video game very very American and I've never noticed it in all the time I've been gaming. When I was younger, mates would say "I've a new computer game" not a new "video game".

:lol:

I'm lost on this one; how would you write out a list of responsibilities and traits? :huh:

" Just fucking make sure you...." and "just don't even fucking think about ....".

Let's compare a couple of adverts I found earlier

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=16228184&JobTitle=Business+Assurance+Consultant+-+Scotland&rad=20&rad_units=miles&pp=25&sort=rv.dt.di&vw=b&re=3&setype=2&tjt=&where=FK65NY&q=&pg=2&AVSDM=2015-07-23T09%3a11%3a00-05%3a00

Look at the "you must have" section in this which uses totally wanky language

Now look at the "who should apply" section in this which is fine

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=17517346&JobTitle=IT+Support+Apprentice+-+Larbert+FK5&rad=20&rad_units=miles&pp=25&sort=rv.dt.di&vw=b&re=3&setype=2&tjt=&where=FK65NY&q=&pg=2&AVSDM=2015-07-22T11%3a07%3a00-05%3a00

I get what both of you are saying, but who has ever said the sentence "Do you wana come round to play on the games console?"? It's technically a games console but I've always referred to it as my computer: "Do you wana come round to play on the computer" (although I generally tend to refer to it as my PS4 in all honesty). If I'm buying a new game I'll refer to it as a new computer game, never a new video game. I just find video game very very American and I've never noticed it in all the time I've been gaming. When I was younger, mates would say "I've a new computer game" not a new "video game".

:lol:

I'm old, so bear with me, but I don't remember anyone ever saying "let's go play on the computer" when they had a SNES or Mega Drive. It was always "let's go play some games", presumably because the 'console' part would be redundant, as what else would you be doing with the thing? You'd have been laughed at for your ignorance if you'd referred to playing 'computer games' on your console. Then again, all the kids I grew up with were c***s, and consoles are more than games machines these days anyway.

The 'video game' thing has caught on from the US quite a bit since the advent of the Internet, but don't forget that one of the original computer games magazines was called Computer & Video Games. Seems that even in the early Eighties there was a distinction being made.

I totally agree with all the readers thinking 'who cares?' right now, BTW :P

I enjoy cooking nude (who doesn't?) and I realised I needed to trim the ol' pubes after a chili flake got stuck in them.

Hope you weren't frying anything. I made eggs for breakfast a couple of weekends ago and got oil splatted onto my chest, even at a really low heat.

Holding your life (or at the very least the safety of your baws) in your hand, Matty.

Seems like they're doing the business speak thing in the former, whereas they're assuming the IT grunts will be too thick to understand anything that isn't spelled out nice and simply.

That, and the fact that they were clearly struggling to think of requirements for the "Business Assurance Consultant" position too - "you must have...uhh...your own mug?" :P