Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Where is that?

College Road in Lincluden. Absolutely disgraceful scenes. What are these fucknuggets thinking?! Seriously. Who thinks in the middle of October "I think it's almost time for the Xmas decorations. It is almost November after all". Morons. Complete and utter morons :angry:

Whilst having a stroll along portobello High street this morning, I noticed three fire engines outside a block of flats, two no-marks that appeared on BGT were standing at the cordon next to the fire engines asking people to take selfies with them.

What kind of absolute bellend calls it Lad-brooks?

I had a pal that called it that. Complete fud.

"It broke" - "It brooke"?

"It's broken" - "It's brooken"?

"Stock broker" - "Stock brooker"?

Naw. It's written Ladbrokes. If it was to be pronounced "Lad-Brookes" they'd have called the company Ladbrookes. Tubes!

Well, the company itself says 'Lad-brooks', as does Wikipedia, and the company was named after Ladbroke Hall in Worcestershire, which is pronounced 'Lad-brook'.

'Lad-brokes' it is :P

Well, the company itself says 'Lad-brooks', as does Wikipedia, and the company was named after Ladbroke Hall in Worcestershire, which is pronounced 'Lad-brook'.

You're using Worcestershire in a discussion about correct pronounciation?

I had a pal that called it that. Complete fud.

"It broke" - "It brooke"?

"It's broken" - "It's brooken"?

"Stock broker" - "Stock brooker"?

Naw. It's written Ladbrokes. If it was to be pronounced "Lad-Brookes" they'd have called the company Ladbrookes. Tubes!

How is life in 'Dumb Frys', by the way? :P

Folk come up with all sorts of strange local pronunciations.

Only in Alloa you fucking weirdoo.

Edited by welshbairn

You're using Worcestershire in a discussion about correct pronounciation?

If we're going down the road of people not knowing the correct pronunciation of their own locale, I'm sure the English would have a field day with our throaty 'ch', among many others things :P

Only in Alloa you fucking weirdoo.

...and everywhere else I've lived, cunto.

Except America. It'd almost certainly be 'Lad-Brokes' there, just like Edinburgh is 'Ehdine-burrg'.