Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Went to the pub to meet a teetotal friend to sort out some rental problems. I planned on having 1 whisky but ended up drinking 9, and my stomach hurts today. eogrjeghwowgf

So now you've got rectal problems as well as rental problems?

I went back to Kirkcaldy Job Centre today, to try and get a job in Toys 'R' Us, and the wee interview I had with some wee wifey was like something out of a sketch show.

Her: "Why do you want to work in Toys R Us?" :mellow:

Me: "Well, I think it'd be a fun place to work." :) (This is not an honest answer. I don't want to work there, I'm applying for every job that I can, I didn't hand pick the position "ANY" at Toys R Us)

Her: "Aye... it can be that sometimes..." :mellow:

I think I said "fun". Maybe what she heard was "soul destroying", I'm not sure.

Guest The Phoenix
I went back to Kirkcaldy Job Centre today, to try and get a job in Toys 'R' Us, and the wee interview I had with some wee wifey was like something out of a sketch show.

Me: "Well, I think it'd be a fun place to work." :) (This is not an honest answer. I don't want to work there, I'm applying for every job that I can, I didn't hand pick the position "ANY" at Toys R Us)

69455.jpg

I've finally lost my marbles.

I'm sure I attached a picture here and it's disappeared despite still showing on the post script.

Edited by The Phoenix

Actually, I've just remembered something else she said.

"It's a new store, so it's basically just a massive box at the moment. As part of your training, you'll have to do Fixtures, which is just putting up all the shelves and everything, so that should be fun."

Eh!? For a start, I'm not entirely sure that people who are being trained to sell toys should be putting up massive shelf things, but I'll let that go. It's almost certainly not going to be fun... It sounds terrible!

Eh!? For a start, I'm not entirely sure that people who are being trained to sell toys should be putting up massive shelf things, but I'll let that go. It's almost certainly not going to be fun... It sounds terrible!

You kidding? Putting up shelves and building stuff sounds well more fun than actually selling things.

I've gone and poured myself a lovely glass of whisky when I should really be going to bed. This probably won't end well, but I have to drink it now that it's out of the bottle. It'd be rude otherwise.

The perfect argument for the discerning drinker....

You should've broken the ice with some toy related jokes. Or maybe not judging by her response to your answer , anyways , why does Barbie never get pregnant ?

Because Ken always 'comes' in another box. :rolleyes:

Guest The Phoenix
I'm wondering now if all the shelves in Toys R Us are made from Mechano. Because that would be fun.

It was called Meccano, when I was a lad. :(

On a more serious point, there are definitely health & safety regulations in respect of numpty salespeople erecting fixtures. At the very least you should be provided with the correct safety equipment and more than likely get some formal training hammered into you before they let you loose with a screwdriver.