Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Is it wrong that I'd pick a girls name on the basis I know quite a few good looking girls with the same name. For example, every girl I know called Stephanie or Samantha are at a minimum reasonably hot.
I think I'm probably one of the few men who would prefer to have a daughter than a son first.

Basement conversion?

For the last 3 nights, someone has been pressing the buzzer for our flat at around 1.30 in the morning. If it happens again the idiots will either be getting the following - a bucket of water chucked over them, a dose of abuse through the intercom, or a visit from the irish p***ks from the x factor. <_<

For the last 3 nights, someone has been pressing the buzzer for our flat at around 1.30 in the morning. If it happens again the idiots will either be getting the following - a bucket of water chucked over them, a dose of abuse through the intercom, or a visit from the irish p***ks from the x factor. <_<

I'll not do it tonight Neilly, it's too cold outside. Are you going to the Pars game at home by the way?

I'll not do it tonight Neilly, it's too cold outside. Are you going to the Pars game at home by the way?

Nope. Working yet again, as i do every bloody saturday, still waiting to hear if i got that job or not. Mind you, i've been at one game this season, and we got beat. Might be best if i stay away :lol:

Not a major gripe but...you know if you are reading Teletex and there is a report that mentions a company,say Scottish and Southern Energy,why do they shorten/bracket it to (SSE) if they never use it in the rest of the report?

I think we in Pie and Bovril (P&B) should be told.

I think I'm probably one of the few men who would prefer to have a daughter than a son first.

Just reading through this thread now and someone's beat me to the Fritzl joke, dammit.

I've got a bit of a quandary with child names, I’m a “III” although as I’m not an American golfer I don’t refer to myself as that, having the same first name as my grandfather and indeed father (although as I’m the only one with a middle name I don’t know whether I’m actually a proper “III”).

If I have a son it’s going to be tempting to keep the chain going but how many in a row do you get to before it becomes stupid?

I’d also be wary of giving a child the same name as a close friend or family member, would seem a bit odd.

Not a major gripe but...you know if you are reading Teletex and there is a report that mentions a company,say Scottish and Southern Energy,why do they shorten/bracket it to (SSE) if they never use it in the rest of the report?

Im afraid if your reading teletext in the first place theres not much hope for you...

Im afraid if your reading teletext in the first place theres not much hope for you...

Im doomed man doomed. Yea sad i know but it is how i pass the wee small hours when i cant sleep.Still it is going of air in Dec.

If all you've got to gripe about is Teletext, it must be a good day! :)

Then again, woodsides got a point.... :lol::lol: