Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ive got an essay due for tomorrow. I cannot concentrate due to fucking earache. Was my right ear that was sore yesterday and the doctor just gave me painkillers. Interestingly I woke up this morning and it was my left ear that hurt more. I can see them both needing to get chopped off.

I may be way off here but don't you need a certain percentage of attendence to get these? If the kid doesn't get it they might not bother turning up.

Aye. You need to be there every day basically mate.

Ive got an essay due for tomorrow. I cannot concentrate due to fucking earache. Was my right ear that was sore yesterday and the doctor just gave me painkillers. Interestingly I woke up this morning and it was my left ear that hurt more. I can see them both needing to get chopped off.

My right ear is fucking killing me as well. It's been annoying me for weeks, maybe months! It's ALWAYS the right ear as well, never the left. Fucking bizarre. :huh:

I may be way off here but don't you need a certain percentage of attendence to get these? If the kid doesn't get it they might not bother turning up.

I've no idea. I think they brought it in after I left school so don't know too much about it. I'd hope there was some sort of criteria like that as it would act as a bit of a reward for actually sticking in and turning up in 6th year.

So you could skive off one day a week and still get the cash?

Wish my job was like that. Lazy shites.

No, fafc is wrong, you need to be there every day or have a note from the doctor explaining why you weren't there.

Yeah I was under that impression. I seem to recall some scum who was on a college course of mine turning up an hour late, checking if it'd affect his attendance and when he was told it did he said something like 'f**k it then, no point being here if i'm not getting paid for it' and walked out.

I'm having some sort of odd man flu at the moment. It's only affecting me one symptom at a time.

The night before last I was having some ridiculous coughing fits, then they subsided and were replaced by feeling really quite sick. That disappeared, only for last night to be one long headache.

I can't wait to see what wonders tonight brings.

(I'd like to make it clear that I'm not a big jessie, and I'm not greeting about this. It just seems odd to me. I'm battling through it by being manly and playing Smackdown 2 while watching King of the Hill.)

I also have a 5000 word group assignment on Parcelforce to contribute to, but that's not going to be difficult once I actually get started. After dinner. Or tomorrow.

I'm having some sort of odd man flu at the moment. It's only affecting me one symptom at a time.

The night before last I was having some ridiculous coughing fits, then they subsided and were replaced by feeling really quite sick. That disappeared, only for last night to be one long headache.

(I'd like to make it clear that I'm not a big jessie, and I'm not greeting about this. It just seems odd to me. I'm battling through it by being manly and playing Smackdown 2 while watching King of the Hill.)

I also have a 5000 word group assignment on Parcelforce to contribute to, but that's not going to be difficult once I actually get started. After dinner. Or tomorrow.

I've had that the past few days. Strange virus, I must say.

Seem to be over the worst of it though and if you dope yourself up on tablets you'll feel much better for it.

Probably been mentioned before....

People that chew with their mouths open. My Dad does it all the time and it's a pain in the tits. I wouldn't mind if he chewed at the back of this mouth, but he chews with his front teeth and moves the food around the front of his mouth when it's open so makes a slurping noise aswell!!!

Edited by IainMorton

I've been watching a lot of House lately. I'm pretty sure I can diagnose this.

It's lupus. It's always lupus, although it never is. Hmmmm.

I think I need a Jennifer Morrison lookalike to give me a gammy while I think some more. Don't worry Dunc, you're in good hands here.

Can some kind person tell me how to install a game when the auto install thing doesn't pop up automatically. Thanks

I assume the disc is in? :P

Press Start > Run > Open > *disk drive* (will probably say the name of the game, if not just click on your disk drive).

:)

I've been watching a lot of House lately. I'm pretty sure I can diagnose this.

It's lupus. It's always lupus, although it never is. Hmmmm.

I think I need a Jennifer Morrison lookalike to give me a gammy while I think some more. Don't worry Dunc, you're in good hands here.

I don't want to steal your thunder here, Wilson, but I'm a massive House geek. I've seen all of the episodes up to the current season at least 2 or 3 times each.

Frankly, I think I'm either going to need one of those things where they wait and see if the liquid from my back is clear or milky, or a big needle stabbed through my eye while I'm still awake.

Maybe you'll laugh at the Pittsburgh Steelers' Mike Tomlin as much as I did...

sports-pictures-mike-tomlin-hugh-laurie.jpg

I fail at life and have no idea where 'run' is (using Windows 7).

Open "My Computer" (if it still exists) and right click on the disc drive your using (probably D:, but maybe another letter. The disc name should be there anyway) and there should be an option on the dropdown list like "Autorun". If there isn't, click "Open" and look in the next folder for something like "Autorun" or "Setup".