Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A guy had the right of way on a roundabout but at the time I thought I had the right of way and I saw him coming and I thought, Christ, you're going to hit him! and sped up so we wouldn't meet and steered away and up on to the pavement while he was honking his horn at me.

All my fault. A rookie mistake.

A guy had the right of way on a roundabout but at the time I thought I had the right of way and I saw him coming and I thought, Christ, you're going to hit him! and sped up so we wouldn't meet and steered away and up on to the pavement while he was honking his horn at me.

Ach, we all made mistakes like that when we were new drivers. If you're feeling hot and cold all over, wait till you have your first major shunt. That can be traumatic!

It's shite scary when you have that "Oh, BOLLOCKS!" moment, especially when you know it's 100% your fault.

The closest I've ever come to a proper accident was because I did something ridiculous that was just completely unnecessary.

I was sitting behind a woman doing about 20mph in a 30 (in Dalgety Bay, where the roads are wide and straight, it's not like it was a tight twisty road) and we came up behind a bus that was stopped, as she overtook it and returned to the left, I just kept my foot down to blast right past, but then it clicked in my mind that she'd never cancelled her right indicator and that she was about to turn into the street on the right hand side.

Thankfully, she was as slow to turn as she was going in a straight line, and checked her mirror, so we both hit the brakes and ended up side by side in the road.

Honestly, I'm so stupid at times, it scares me shitless!

At least you're alright FF. Learning curve and a' that.

When I first started driving I nearly pinned an old woman up against a wall in a car park. Then I got in my car.

Seriously, I nearly killed the dottery old bugger.

It's shite scary when you have that "Oh, BOLLOCKS!" moment, especially when you know it's 100% your fault.

The closest I've ever come to a proper accident was because I did something ridiculous that was just completely unnecessary.

Honestly, I'm so stupid at times, it scares me shitless!

Aye, I had a couple of those sort of moments. The "nearly" that scared me the most came a few months after I passed my test. I'm driving along the dual carriageway, its relatively busy, so I'm cruising along about 75 or so. My engine stops revving for a while, so I pull back over, and let the car gradually slow down while I wait for the engine to start working again. But then I saw a layby, indicated, pulled in, and smoothly braked.

Unfortunately, I expected the layby to look something like this:

¯¯¯\______________/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

When in fact, it looked like this:

¯¯¯\_/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

So I ran out of layby before I had time to slow down, and since it was busy, I couldn't pull back out again. So I crashed up the kerb, onto the wet grass, and frantically tried to brake while my car was skewing all over the place. Managed to come to a halt somewhere beyond the layout pointed right onto the road, and right on the edge of it too, watching cars whoosh by in front of me. I had a feeling very similar to what FF described.

Fortunately, I went on to have quite a serious car accident the following year, so I can look back on that wee "nearly" and laugh!

gotta love the EMA :lol: . thank you to all the taxpayers who subsidise my laziness by the way

Perfectly summarised, Sir. As you just said I don't need it either but it's free money init. :D

Jammy c***s.

Most people I know who get EMA's don't even need them.

im the opposite :lol: , i need an EMA but i can't get one :(

i bet when another game (eg Left For Dead 2) comes out, people will start creaming themselves about that and CoD will be thrown away like yeaterday's jam

I scrapped the side of my car in Stirling's Thistle Car Park. I was crying in the middle of the car park thinking it was the end of the world. The people watching me, must of been in hysterics. :lol:

These two sentences sum up why women are shit at life.

im the opposite :lol: , i need an EMA but i can't get one :(

i bet when another game (eg Left For Dead 2) comes out, people will start creaming themselves about that and CoD will be thrown away like yeaterday's jam

You clearly don't know anything about the gaming market.Call of Duty is the biggest FPS franchis in computer gaming history, and has consistently provided some of the most impressive gaming experiences there are. Left4Dead is an absolute riot, but nowhere near as technically excellent and downright awesome as the CoD series is.

You clearly don't know anything about the gaming market.Call of Duty is the biggest FPS franchis in computer gaming history, and has consistently provided some of the most impressive gaming experiences there are. Left4Dead is an absolute riot, but nowhere near as technically excellent and downright awesome as the CoD series is.

I know a lot about the gaming market, but there are people that are like that, they'll play a game and when another game comes out that they like, they'll just play that and hardly ever play the other game