Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A mate insisted on giving me a lift home tonight and as we were waiting at the traffic lights to turn right, the car behind suddenly ploughed into the back of us. Said mate is now at the Western with neck injuries. Potential problem with him having had a similar injury a couple of years ago and on first impressions it's been aggravated. Hope he's okay. The other car seemed to come off a lot worse but the driver was fine.

I had to give a police statement. It was a bizarre turn of events indeed.

I was going to get the bus as well...

Some fucking mate you are !! you left the guy to go to the hospital himself so you could run home and post it on here, w****r.

Some fucking mate you are !! you left the guy to go to the hospital himself so you could run home and post it on here, w****r.

Bit harsh... there's nothing there to say that the accident didn't happen at half 7 last night, and he's been in the hospital with his pal til 1am before coming home for his kip.

Fucking hell, was just walking home for lunch there and got absolutely drenched. Worst rain I've seen in years, Stirling is drowning! Wettest I've been in my entire life. :(

BBC 1 News just now, interviewing ex-referee Graham Poll about the Swedish referee missing Henri's blatant handball last night. It wasn't what he said that annoyed me, as I basically agreed with him. It was the fact that he was being interviewed in what I assume was his "study" and, prominently on show over his left shoulder, amongst the football pennants and trophies, was an advertising poster for, and a copy of, his book -

post-1053-1258637554_thumb.jpg

- the self-aggrandising and clearly obvious self-publicity was nauseous! <_<

BBC 1 News just now, interviewing ex-referee Graham Poll about the Swedish referee missing Henri's blatant handball last night. It wasn't what he said that annoyed me, as I basically agreed with him. It was the fact that he was being interviewed in what I assume was his "study" and, prominently on show over his left shoulder, amongst the football pennants and trophies, was an advertising poster for, and a copy of, his book -

I laughed when I spotted that. He lives in Tring (so the tag thing at top of screen said) which is where my rellies live!

Graham Poll: a man who, three summers ago, struggled to count to three, has released a book?

Friend - What are you doing tonight?

Me - Nothing.

Friend - Want me to head to yours after football?

Me - If you want.

Friend - Okay.

Me - If you are driving, can you pick up the booze and I'll sort you out with the money when you get here?

Friend - I'm not drinking.

What the f**k are we going to do then, talk? :huh:

Edit-= I do feel quite bad about saying that now, but I still think it's a valid point.

I dont get it, perhaps he isnt drinking as he has his car and wants to drive it home instead of either walking home in the p1shing rain or getting a taxi?

I could understand if he wasnt drinking and asking you to drive!

Oh dear!

And the BBC Scotland News has just shown the River Nith in Dumfries. Its banks have burst and flooding of homes is imminent. :o Take care all you Doonhamers!

I'd sort of planned to suggest to a pal that I go round to see them this afternoon, but I don't think I can canoe all the way to the Phoenix Retail Park! :(

Fucking hell, was just walking home for lunch there and got absolutely drenched. Worst rain I've seen in years, Stirling is drowning! Wettest I've been in my entire life. :(

Ach it's not been that bad. It's pretty constant, yes, but it hasn't been particularly heavy. I've seen a lot worse. Stirlingshire pansy.

I walked the five minutes to McDonalds the other week and it started to hose down just as I got there. In the time it took me to walk back, the rain managed to completely dissolve my paper bag, the bottom of which gave way just as I got my key in the front door.

Thankfully, due to my ninja-esque reflections, I managed to catch both Big Mac and fries in the same hand, before they got anywhere near the floor.

Guest The Phoenix

Unaccustomed as I am to agreeing with TwistedKnickers, I have to confirm that this is the worst rain I have seen in the Stirling area for many a year.

Several roads are shut and more will follow if the rain doesn't relent.

Unaccustomed as I am to agreeing with TwistedKnickers, I have to confirm that this is the worst rain I have seen in the Stirling area for many a year.

Several roads are shut and more will follow if the rain doesn't relent.

end of the world is approaching,clydenewcomer will let youtube tell us all about it shortly