Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My brother and sister in law are coming over for lunch...(derby day)still i get to lock myself in the kitchen and pretend to be Keith Flloyd.

Are you going to get paraletically drunk and insult them?

I doubt many people in the UK play the US 8 ball rules. Its 2 shots on the black and a free table after a foul, dont let anyone tell you differently.

Not my experience at all. It depends on where you're playing pool. If you're playing at an actual Pool and Snooker club, my experience is people play by US rules on predominantly US tables. In pubs, granted, it's typically the other way round.

It's not a free table after a foul in US Pool, incidentally.

The US game is much much better. It generally encourages more extravagant play. If you want a tactical game, go the whole way and play snooker.

As our group all come from different places, our 8 ball seems to vary tremendously. 2 shots after a foul is given, although some people play the two shots carries, some not. A couple play free ball instead of 2 shots. But the one thing that is consistent is that you only get one shot on the black. Also, whats standard after potting the cue ball? We play ball anywhere behind the line but you have to shoot forwards. We play mishmash of rules on american tables, although my preference is for British tables, and the red and yellow balls...nane of this spots and stripes malarky!

As our group all come from different places, our 8 ball seems to vary tremendously. 2 shots after a foul is given, although some people play the two shots carries, some not. A couple play free ball instead of 2 shots. But the one thing that is consistent is that you only get one shot on the black. Also, whats standard after potting the cue ball? We play ball anywhere behind the line but you have to shoot forwards. We play mishmash of rules on american tables, although my preference is for British tables, and the red and yellow balls...nane of this spots and stripes malarky!

Two shot carries is a nonsense. I'm not even sure it's standard in either of the US or UK rules.

Free ball INSTEAD of 2 shots is a nonsense: that's 9 ball

After the cue ball is potted, I think it's anywhere behind the balk line but the cueball must be struck "forwards" for US. I may be wrong, but I suspect that UK is within the D instead of anywhere behind the balk.

They are the worst rules ive ever heard in my life XBL. All completely wrong.

Thats because I clearly named loads of permutations that various people play, not one set of rules! Personally, I go with two shots (non carrying), one shot on the black, and ball behind the line but struck forwards.

My car...This is the reason why I aint at the game. Went to leave 10 mins ago but it's decided to play funny feckers. It's as though the engine is ready to cut out at any point, ie losing power. Plenty fuel in it too. Really stumped as to why this is happening. Best of it is I could have been in Falkirk already. Turned down a lift in because I still had my daughter.

Oh well

My car...This is the reason why I aint at the game. Went to leave 10 mins ago but it's decided to play funny feckers. It's as though the engine is ready to cut out at any point, ie losing power. Plenty fuel in it too. Really stumped as to why this is happening. Best of it is I could have been in Falkirk already. Turned down a lift in because I still had my daughter.

Oh well

Does it cut out when you try to drive away?

Does it cut out when you try to drive away?

Not quite but really wants too. Could not risk driving into Falkirk with it incase something does go wrong.

Plus side, I now get to watch online with a beer;)