Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Im giving up, he was gonna until he realised my mum was gonan retire so when my mum retired they put all the money away. Money came to help me and its an investment for them of owning 2 houses.

Thats it no more. To much Irn Bru while sitting here.

So, to sum up -

G-Man claims that people should live within their means and not buy things they can't afford.

Meanwhile, because he can't afford to buy a house, his dad buys him one and he pays his dad an agreed sum of money every month.

He also claims that he doesn't have a loan, despite the above being a textbook example of, er, a loan.

Priceless :lol:

How did you get on with finding proof for your heinous accusation, by the way?

Been called alot worse, a retard was one of them. I can handle that.

Sorry lads and lassies

You do know that "imbeciles" and "retards" are just about exactly the same fucking thing, no?

Sad response.

E+R=O has a proven track record across a wide spectrum.

From drug addicts and criminals to world class sportsmen/women and highly successful businessmen.

Where ever you are on life's ladder of success, there is always a higher rung to be climbed onto.

You seem to take it rather seriously. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having a positive outlook on life, or having foresight and reacting positively to what life throws at you. I just think it's completely redundant to try to reduce your life to a formula instead of just living it for what it is. Of course life is full of pitfalls and opportunities and how you respond can and usually does affect where you go from there, but this "ladder of success" malarkey seems like a bit of a meaningless metaphor.

This isn't a dig at you, but it has the look and feel of exactly what religious fundamentalism does to people. Obsessing with the concept (however noble) and missing the ends (you and your life) itself.

Guest The Phoenix

Is her husband called James?

Don't even attempt to use G-man's incompetence to make you look good. f**k right off out of here, you little scrotum.

The above posts gave me the biggest smile I've had for months.

I should probably transfer this post to RTBC.

G_man what happens if your dad dies before you pay him back in full? Is it automatically wiped?

Well, I *think* (unless he's going to change the story again) that he said his parents own the two houses. So, assuming that he inherits the houses when they die, he'll have been paying for the house that he'll own.

Well, I *think* (unless he's going to change the story again) that he said his parents own the two houses. So, assuming that he inherits the houses when they die, he'll have been paying for the house that he'll own.

Unless, of course, he has siblings and his parents die intestate, in which case it could be seen as an advance on his inheritance.

But you knew that, right? :P

Guest The Phoenix

You seem to take it rather seriously. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having a positive outlook on life, or having foresight and reacting positively to what life throws at you. I just think it's completely redundant to try to reduce your life to a formula instead of just living it for what it is. Of course life is full of pitfalls and opportunities and how you respond can and usually does affect where you go from there, but this "ladder of success" malarkey seems like a bit of a meaningless metaphor.

This isn't a dig at you, but it has the look and feel of exactly what religious fundamentalism does to people. Obsessing with the concept (however noble) and missing the ends (you and your life) itself.

I do take it seriously. I am a licensed motivational trainer.

I'm not preaching but I do believe in the theories that I use to help people make the most out of their life.

It's not brain-washing, the start point to everyone I work with is that the choice is theirs. My advice to them is to try the "formula" for 30 days and see if it works for them. Invariably, if it doesn't it's because they haven't stuck with it but it's not for me to judge them.