Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Why do junkies always ask for 20p? Why is it never 50p or a quid? "can I have 20p for ma bus fare intae Paisley mate?", erm sorry pal but you are gonna need more than 20p to get from Glasgow city centre into Paisley. Remember one time a junkie asked me the above question and I offered him my all day ticket which I no longer needed so he could get the no. 9 bus to Paisley, he called me a w****r and walked off!

Getting home with a takeaway and realising somethings missing from the bag.tonight was 2 poppadoms-only £1 worth but still,it's a stupid mistake to make.mcds is bad for that too-getting home to find a cheeseburgers missing or the burgers no plain like you asked for.

Not sure if it's hayfever or the cold but I feel lousy as fook :(

Took Piriton earlier but to no effect. Wandered round to my brothers to hand something in and had a beer. Now I feel worse than before. Yes it's my own fault but when beer is free, ye just gotta have one.

Edited by ffcsam

Why do junkies always ask for 20p? Why is it never 50p or a quid? "can I have 20p for ma bus fare intae Paisley mate?", erm sorry pal but you are gonna need more than 20p to get from Glasgow city centre into Paisley. Remember one time a junkie asked me the above question and I offered him my all day ticket which I no longer needed so he could get the no. 9 bus to Paisley, he called me a w****r and walked off!

They can't count anymore than 20p at a time.

Got engaged to my missus on holiday the other week there and my mate then got engaged to his missus ten days later. Now I personally wouldn't have done it so quick after a mate as I would want them to enjoy their engagement for a while and celebrate etc but whatever, we're all friends so we can all celebrate together no big deal. Or so I thought.

For the whole ten days after I got engaged, my missus and my mates missus were talking nonstop about my missus' engagement ring and my mates missus seen numerous pictures of it and talked about it in length so it came as a surprise to me that when they got engaged they went out and bought the exact same engagement ring. But only theirs is a little bit more than a carat than ours and they claim they didnt know that it was the same ring.

If thats not a case of one upmanship I dont know what is. dry.gif

Would anyone else do this?

Got engaged to my missus on holiday the other week there and my mate then got engaged to his missus ten days later. Now I personally wouldn't have done it so quick after a mate as I would want them to enjoy their engagement for a while and celebrate etc but whatever, we're all friends so we can all celebrate together no big deal. Or so I thought.

For the whole ten days after I got engaged, my missus and my mates missus were talking nonstop about my missus' engagement ring and my mates missus seen numerous pictures of it and talked about it in length so it came as a surprise to me that when they got engaged they went out and bought the exact same engagement ring. But only theirs is a little bit more than a carat than ours and they claim they didnt know that it was the same ring.

Lie about planning to have the most extravagent wedding ever. If they are one-uppers, then they will try to do the same and probably bankrupt themselves in the process while you pig out on the free bar.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Would put a junkies 20p on your mate having little to do with that. That's definatly the work of a devious split erse!

My mates bird was raging after they announced their engagement and set a date and one of her mates then went and booked a date before it. Wimen are pure evil at times!

Guest The Phoenix

Who cares?

Spot on Fudge.

Who gives a monkey's what the rest of the world is doing if you are genuinely in love and looking forward to spending the rest of your lives together.

I speak with the experience of 32 years of being in that Love Boat. :D

Who cares? You're happy to be engaged, so enjoy it. If that scenario happened to me I can honestly say I wouldn't care in the slightest.

Yep, totally agree. It's the sort of thing a woman should probably get annoyed at, and guys just nod along and agree for the some peace.

They're not hooked on junk, they're addicted to those sweeties you get out of the wee red dispenser that's chained up outside the dry-cleaners. Can't put an all day ticket into one of those!

My ex-boss's fiancee (nowadays wife, but fiancee then) asked to see my wife's engagement ring when we got engaged a few years back. She then proceeded to compare it to her own and coo "Oh, darling, why couldn't I have gotten a wee cute ring like that, instead of this big flashy thing?" and flash her rock in everyone's face. Hatchet faced boot.

Some people simply aren't capable of the necessary level of self-awareness required to have humility and grace. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, folk with that mindset are inevitably unhappy due to their own inability to be satisfied.

My ex-boss's fiancee (nowadays wife, but fiancee then) asked to see my wife's engagement ring when we got engaged a few years back. She then proceeded to compare it to her own and coo "Oh, darling, why couldn't I have gotten a wee cute ring like that, instead of this big flashy thing?" and flash her rock in everyone's face. Hatchet faced boot.

The fact that you didn't respond to this by going out and buying your then fiancee a far bigger ring means you don't love her enough.