Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On the Scotrail website new booking system:

Aberdeen - Glasgow QS, £56 off-peak return.

Aberdeen - Paisley GS, £71 off-peak return.

Scamming ****ing b*****ds. £15 for the Glasgow to Paisley part is it? My arse.

mad.gif

You should use National Rail, they are usually much cheaper.

But yeah, train fares are a sick joke these days.

Edited by jamamafegan4

On the Scotrail website new booking system:

Aberdeen - Glasgow QS, £56 off-peak return.

Aberdeen - Paisley GS, £71 off-peak return.

Scamming ****ing b*****ds. £15 for the Glasgow to Paisley part is it? My arse.

mad.gif

Try splitting the tickets, Return Abdn Glasgow, Return Glasgow-Paisley

Try splitting the tickets, Return Abdn Glasgow, Return Glasgow-Paisley

Aye that's what I normally do with these things because I know what they're up to. It's just ridiculous how these guys try and scam people who assume that getting it in one ticket will be cheaper. If I jumped on a bus from Aberdeen to Inverness and bought the one ticket however, it's cheaper than buying Aberdeen - Keith and a separate Keith - Inverness.

I've complained to Scotrail about this in the past. All they said was that such incidents occur in a few cases and that they were redesigning their ticketing and booking structure. Bollocks, i) these scams are pretty commonplace and ii) the new system's not changed a thing with regards to all-in-one tickets.

... and that's got nothing to do with the prices in general. It's the additional scamming on top of that which is infuriating.

Martin Lewis' website (the money saving expert guy) has an app on his site called tickety split. You tell it where you want to go and where from and it will search for split tickets. It doesn't cover every single journey in the UK, but it's worth a look. Just Google Martin Lewis or moneysavingexpert.

Martin Lewis' website (the money saving expert guy) has an app on his site called tickety split. You tell it where you want to go and where from and it will search for split tickets. It doesn't cover every single journey in the UK, but it's worth a look. Just Google Martin Lewis or moneysavingexpert.

Looks very useful as a guide, but leaves you a bit of work to check if returns or singles, advance tickets etc are cheaper.. Also, sometimes 2 or more splits can save you more, which this site does not offer.

http://splitticket.m...avingexpert.com

Edited by welshbairn

Looks very useful as a guide, but leaves you a bit of work to check if returns or singles, advance tickets etc are cheaper.. Also, sometimes 2 or more splits can save you more, which this site does not offer.

http://splitticket.m...avingexpert.com

I've only tried it once myself, and I think it does have its limitations, although I'm sure I remember him saying they were planning to improve it in the future, so worth keeping an eye on.

Putting up Christmas decorations - in November - in an office that makes Wernham Hogg look like a fun place to work.

That's just the motivation I need to fire off a few more CVs this weekend.

I'd would love to work at Wernham Hogg. Taking the piss out of Gareth all day, chatting up Dawn, avoiding David Brent (apart from when he's dancing obviously). I could be Tim!!!

Fuckers with the cold in supermarkets sharing their germs with the contents of the shelves and freezers with their coughs and sneezes.

Cover your mouths you ingrates.

Oh, and don't walk about snuffing up greenies making a noise like an angry walrus.

Fucking pigs.

Fuckers with the cold in supermarkets sharing their germs with the contents of the shelves and freezers with their coughs and sneezes.

Cover your mouths you ingrates.

Oh, and don't walk about snuffing up greenies making a noise like an angry walrus.

Fucking pigs.

Great, until they get to the fruit and veg and put their phlegm-and-germ-covered hands in all the produce. Which you unwittinigly pick up, take home and eat.

Thanks LM, I've now gone from angry to paranoid.

:lol: No problem. I won't mention nurses that do their shopping after their shift, leaning over the shelves while wearing their uniform. I DEFINITELY won't mention what they spend their days cleaning while wearing it.

:lol: No problem. I won't mention nurses that do their shopping after their shift, leaning over the shelves while wearing their uniform. I DEFINITELY won't mention what they spend their days cleaning while wearing it.

I just zoned in on this, it's on a loop in my head, whatever else you typed didn't register.

Dicks at the bookies who put their football coupons on right at the rack where the coupons are kept meaning you have to stretch round them to get your own coupon.

Dicks at the bookies who fill out football coupons and then just leave them lying about meaning there are none of the coupons left that you are looking for because these dicks have spoiled them all.

Dicks at the bookies who seem to be the beneficiaries of some unwritten rule where they can skip to the front of the queue because they've left it til 5 seconds before their dog/horse race starts to put their line on.

Dicks at the bookies who put their football coupons on right at the rack where the coupons are kept meaning you have to stretch round them to get your own coupon.

Dicks at the bookies who fill out football coupons and then just leave them lying about meaning there are none of the coupons left that you are looking for because these dicks have spoiled them all.

Dicks at the bookies who seem to be the beneficiaries of some unwritten rule where they can skip to the front of the queue because they've left it til 5 seconds before their dog/horse race starts to put their line on.

Maybe because it's only dicks that waste their money in the bookies?

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Edited by Granny Danger