Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Putting on a pair of jeans that have just been washed and ironed, putting your hand in one of the pockets and finding a bus ticket or receipt which is now in a million bits and stuck to the lining of said pocket.

Literally just had to offload some form of receipt or bet slip for a solid minute after the football today.

People who eat packets of crisps after opening the bag upside down, have some decency.

The number of twee, ballady, acousticy versions of upbeat 80s and 90s tracks used by advertisers, usually vocalised by a smokey, lightly hushed female vocalist, can't go two adverts without hearing one of those dreadful cover versions that are ultimately lapped up by the masses and housewives and will be the soundtrack to Xmas dinners up and down the country shortly. Horrific stuff. Please stop.

The number of twee, ballady, acousticy versions of upbeat 80s and 90s tracks used by advertisers, usually vocalised by a smokey, lightly hushed female vocalist, can't go two adverts without hearing one of those dreadful cover versions that are ultimately lapped up by the masses and housewives and will be the soundtrack to Xmas dinners up and down the country shortly. Horrific stuff. Please stop.

Green dotted because I've been meaning to post the exact same thing in this thread.

I love these tunes!

I want to work for the company that does the adverts for John Lewis - they've got to be one of the greatest advertising joints going. They pick very good tunes and do a totally different version - which quite often gets folk back into the original (as well as making a small fortune for the original artists). I always have to proper man-up before watching the adverts to stop myself greetin.

There's a place for a bit of twee in your life Stu...embrace it.

Edited by pandarilla

Are you on glue?

Wait a minute - I don't know anything about no Sainsbury's or National Lottery shenanigans.

I'm talking about the ballad covers for the John Lewis adverts (and that type of stuff).

What can I say? I'm an emotional guy that likes a bit of twee.

I'm also on glue :wacko:

Wait a minute - I don't know anything about no Sainsbury's or National Lottery shenanigans.

I'm talking about the ballad covers for the John Lewis adverts (and that type of stuff).

What can I say? I'm an emotional guy that likes a bit of twee.

I'm also on glue :wacko:

Is that you sticking to your story?

I don't mind any of the original tunes they pick it's the covers that are awful.

It's the X Factor effect. The young hipsters singing these dreadful covers realise they don't actually need to write their own song to get some recognition. They can just absolutely murder a classic while some wooly hat-wearing tosser does the bear minimum on an acoustic guitar, and the masses will eat it up.

It's the X Factor effect. The young hipsters singing these dreadful covers realise they don't actually need to write their own song to get some recognition. They can just absolutely murder a classic while some wooly hat-wearing tosser does the bear minimum on an acoustic guitar, and the masses will eat it up.

it really fucking irritates me as the emphasis is on the wrong words and phrases and all about making it sound heartfelt when you can tell they dont actually know what the song is about.

Alexandra Burke singing hallelujah is like listening to some who doesnt speak english but can pronounce the words reading lines from shakespeare, it makes my skin itch. The "hallelujah " bit isnt meant to be some fucking gospel choir joyful refrain to god you c**t!!

Speaking of the X-Factor, I watched it for a bit last night due to the girlfriend's telly request and it's on tonight again while I am cleaning my flat. The judges seem to say 'you are singing for your life out there', or 'you looked like you were signing for your life right there'.

Has the X-Factor introduced some kind of ritual killings to the proceedings as a way of trying to get one over on Strictly in the ratings war? Do the acts who are voted off get killed? (I mean their careers are already dead I suppose)

Also Sharon Osbourne is a mess, I am sure she is constantly off her head on something, and has Nicole Sherzinburgereggener invented her own dialect? She seems to have added a 'sh' to the beginning of every second word 'shamazing' etc.