Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

So, people with prams who, like you, are on their way to work, should not be allowed to take their children to nursery first?

My morning commute is dreadful, and frankly, it's down to people who have an attitude like you.

I hate everyone equally on the train in the morning. Bike/pram/dog/breathing whatever. I'm an equal opportunities hater.

My morning commute is dreadful, and frankly, it's down to people who have an attitude like you.

Don't talk shite,

It's not just before work either and it's not just prams.

Don't talk shite,

It's not shite. It's a sodding nightmare some mornings trying to get the youngest to nursery, especially when some people take umbrage at being asked to move a few seats further along the bus because they were stupid enough to sit in the pram/wheelchair space. Also, it was you that originally specified rush hour.

As for bikes, ride the b*****d things. That's what they're for!

Unless you actually live in a Carry On movie, surely the chances of meeting anyone called Babs is pretty slim?

I was pumping a young lady called babs a few years ago who would even now be in her late 20s. Unfortunately she was the absolute opposite of the sainted miss Windsor. Fat with small tits :(

It's not shite. It's a sodding nightmare some mornings trying to get the youngest to nursery, especially when some people take umbrage at being asked to move a few seats further along the bus because they were stupid enough to sit in the pram/wheelchair space. Also, it was you that originally specified rush hour.

As for bikes, ride the b*****d things. That's what they're for!

You can't barely find a pot to stand on the train let alone a seat then you'll have some idiot trying to squeeze on with a pram/bike/suitcase ect...

They should be banned during rush hour. After all they don't allow OAPs use the travel cards during these times for a reason.

For someone to say it's me that's makes traveling in the morning unbearable, nonsense. I guarantee most on the train would agree who causes the problems.

I don't get the bus so I can't comment on that.

You can't barely find a pot to stand on the train let alone a seat then you'll have some idiot trying to squeeze on with a pram/bike/suitcase ect...

They should be banned during rush hour. After all they don't allow OAPs use the travel cards during these times for a reason.

For someone to say it's me that's makes traveling in the morning unbearable, nonsense. I guarantee most on the train would agree who causes the problems.

I don't get the bus so I can't comment on that.

It's not the fact that commuters are there that causes problems for people with pushchairs. It's the attitude problem of some that make it such an ordeal. He also never said it was "you" but people with attitudes like that.

Unfortunately, those with small children have somewhere to be as well, even in rush hour. I'm afraid it's tough titties if you don't like it.

Prams/bikes/suitcases, even dogs. That's the problem not just with children in prams that can't even be arsed to fold them up. that's the problem. So don't try and turn it into a moan about mums and dads.

Well I wouldn't get offended if someone asked you to move if you're blocking the doors or walkway. God forbid if you need to get off in an emergency.

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Blocking doors and emergency exits is another matter altogether and isn't what you said initially. If you get offended at being asked to move from there, you're an idiot!

Banning them from rush hour trains is ridiculous. What's the alternative? "I can't work. I'm not allowed on public transport because I have a pushchair".

People who think it's a good idea to get on the train during rush hour with a bike/pram/dog etc...

Don't talk shite,

Just responding to your post.

Banning them from rush hour trains is ridiculous. What's the alternative? "I can't work. I'm not allowed on public transport because I have a pushchair".

See, again I need to point out it's not just prams that are the problem.

And on a busy train these people can only cause obstructions due to very little space being available. So yes I would ban them during rush hour on certain routes. The obvious ones that are going to be very busy

And on a busy train these people can only cause obstructions due to very little space being available. So yes I would ban them during rush hour on certain routes. The obvious ones that are going to be very busy

What about fat people, can we ban them from the train if they're creating an obstruction during rush hour?

What about fat people, can we ban them from the train if they're creating an obstruction during rush hour?

Nobody should be causing an obstruction, no matter how fat or thin.

Now go away and dry your eyes, i can see you've got a bit upset over this discussion

I'm just using that as an example. Suitcases are another one. Some people need to travel further afield for their work. They can't very well say that they are unable to go because they're not allowed to take their suitcase on the train.

People still need to get to work, regardless of whether or not they have a child to take to school/nursery or a suitcase due to their travel needs and they need to do it at specific times of the day. I take your point on bikes though. Unless there's a bike rack on the train, they should probably just get locked up at the train station.

I really don't understand why you're getting so arsey about it. I'm just pointing out that your suggestion is impractical and would cause more problems for people than it would solve.