Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The surface of the M9 around Falkirk/Grangemouth. Nae wonder my tracking is out. It is like the surface of the moon. Why do we pay so much tax as motorists for so little investment?

It's been a while so I'll put 3 up; in no particular order :)

I don't know if this is a female thing or if it's just my wife that does it, but going to T*sco and she picks up a basket. I'll ask if she would be better with a trolley to which she responds she's only in for a couple of things so won't need one. 15 minutes later she's struggling with the basket and I end up f*ck*ng carrying it :angry:

Radio stations that play a song for a good 10 seconds before you find out it's an advert, normally some pish like "playing today's best music". Play the f*ck*ng music then! I don't see what purpose this serves. If it's a chorus or the middle of a song before an announcement then fair enough, but why start a song to do that?!

The third one doesn't really GOMN, it just makes me laugh whenever it's said. It's an indirect way of saying the missus rules the roost IMO:-

"Do you watch (insert pish show here)?"

"I don't like it but my wife/girlfriend has it on so I have to sit n watch it."

Aye right!! There's only 2 reason's for this. Either the guy is under the thumb or he secretly likes the programme. My wife watches pish like The Valleys and Geordie Shore and I have no problem avoiding that shite. I find it very hard to believe that in this day and age people don't have more than one tv in their houses ;)

Edited by 19QOS19

The supermarket basket overload scenario is a good one.

Twas. Although the radio station one wasn't.

My dead dad used to rail against commercial radio stations, wanting them banned. I used to think he was off his rocker. But as I get older, I see his point. They are, without a doubt, fucking shite.

This.

I was in some posh English market town, very middle class when I saw a group of teenage girls from the local private school walking towards me. Immaculately dressed in a very smart school uniform, they were exceptionally pretty young girls aged about 16/17. However, as they got closer I realised it was just a stream of filth falling out of their mouths. :( I wonder if they've any idea how ugly it made them?

People called mhairi or more specifically the parents of people called mhairi showing their complete ignorance of Gaelic.

The name is Mairi. Mhairi is only used in the vocative case where the name needs to be lenited by adding the h.

This is the same for Hamish but no one is called Hamish these days.

People called mhairi or more specifically the parents of people called mhairi showing their complete ignorance of Gaelic.

The name is Mairi. Mhairi is only used in the vocative case where the name needs to be lenited by adding the h.

My pal's wee boy is called Hamish.

How am I supposed to believe the rest of your post when you got that so badly wrong?

I know two Hamishes!