Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Could you not just chat up some bird at duty free to get some ciggies :unsure:

Haw, Vikki, you wildly over-estimate the power and effectiveness of my subtle charms, but I'm flattered nonetheless. :lol:;)

Anyway, Helen came up trumps, gave me one in the Service Yard, bought a new pack and split it 50/50 with me. :) What's the younger, female equivalent of a sugar-daddy?! :unsure::ph34r:

Haw, Vikki, you wildly over-estimate the power and effectiveness of my subtle charms, but I'm flattered nonetheless. :lol:;)

Anyway, Helen came up trumps, gave me one in the Service Yard, bought a new pack and split it 50/50 with me. :)What's the younger, female equivalent of a sugar-daddy?! :unsure::ph34r:

In this case, a desperate weegie munter.

Anyway, Helen came up trumps, gave me one in the Service Yard, bought a new pack and split it 50/50 with me. :) What's the younger, female equivalent of a sugar-daddy?! :unsure::ph34r:

It must be easy to get things like that were you work though. :P:ph34r:

Edited by saints1884

That sounds mighty painful, Kilt. :ph34r:

It must be easy to get things like that were you work though. :P:ph34r:

Far from it, in fact. You can only get stuff from Duty Free with a boarding pass. And although there's plenty confiscated ciggies floating about the Customs, see if you get caught 'lifting' any, your feet won't touch the floor as the order of the boot ejects you oot the door. :o:unsure: It ain't worth the risk! ;)

Far from it, in fact. You can only get stuff from Duty Free with a boarding pass. And although there's plenty confiscated ciggies floating about the Customs, see if you get caught 'lifting' any, your feet won't touch the floor as the order of the boot ejects you oot the door. :o:unsure: It ain't worth the risk! ;)

That would have been my second option for you,but now you have said that I wouldn't bother doing that one.

I thought people that worked at /for the airport got things on the cheap from the shops. :unsure:

I thought people that worked at /for the airport got things on the cheap from the shops. :unsure:

Nah, especially not Civil Servants who mustn't be seen to be materially gaining from their position by gifts, favours or benefits in kind over and above the agreed remuneration for thier normal duties. we have a special procedure for registering any gifts other agencies and members of the public try to give us! :(

The only legitmate way to take advantage of Duty Free offers is the twice yearly staff-only Summer and Christmas sales, held off-site in the BAA office accommodation. Even then, there's not much that appeals to me, although when they were much younger, I did buy my kids a limited edition snowman cuddly toy each! ;):rolleyes:

I had to phone to hire a teddy bear costume, as requested by my boss, for her next door neighbour who is going to entertain a kids party wesaring it.

Here was the conversation:

Me: "Hello, I was wondering if you had a teddy bear costume for a 15 year old girl, about a size large?"

Man in shop: "Eh.........sure, of course."

Note the long, LONG pause. :unsure: That was the point where I thought to myself: 'Oh dear God, I'm going on the register for this!', but fortuneately innuendo was avoided as I managed not to laugh, or mumble an apology for appearing depraved. :ph34r:

Guest Ron Burgundy
I had to phone to hire a teddy bear costume, as requested by my boss, for her next door neighbour who is going to entertain a kids party wesaring it.

Here was the conversation:

Me: "Hello, I was wondering if you had a teddy bear costume for a 15 year old girl, about a size large?"

Man in shop: "Eh.........sure, of course."

Note the long, LONG pause. :unsure: That was the point where I thought to myself: 'Oh dear God, I'm going on the register for this!', but fortuneately innuendo was avoided as I managed not to laugh, or mumble an apology for appearing depraved. :ph34r:

surely it should have been "big paws" .. not 'long pause" .. your getting mixed up with the horse in the pub joke.

I've just remembered, my tabby cat brought a field mouse into the house last night - I saw it disappear behind the armchair then the TV stand. I told her to sort it out by the time I got up this morning and went to bed as I was bushed. However, she's buggered off into the back garden again leaving my useless fat black tom cat, who couldn't catch a cold let alone anything else, 'guarding' the thing I could see this morning hiding under my bookcase.

It had better be stiffed, lying in the middle of the lounge as a peace offering when I get home tonight or my cats are in serious bother! :angry: The last thing I fancy is a mouse-hunt round the house before tea! <_<:(

What annoys me is the number of people who think that Elvis lived in a house called Gracelands.

In fact, his place was known as Graceland - no 's' on the end.

Jeez, thats put my rodent problem into proper perspective! :rolleyes:

I hate it when you are in KFC and there is only one person serving and you need to queue but there are 2 people doing the drive-in queue. Once I stood in a queue for 2 mins, saw it wasn't moving and went out, got in the car and was served in the drive through before the shop queue had moved at all.

Also in the chinese carry out when you are queueing up and the phone keeps going and the phone people's order is always taken whilst you are standing waiting, they take precedence over you. Although The Rupee Room in Ayr don't do this - they ask the person in the phone to wait :)

Shame man! :(

It was a really nice flat, and many a laugh were had there, and much carnage was indulged after alcohol consumption, I'm sure you'll agree.... :ph34r: B)

I've only been there once, but yes, I'll agree there was much fun had there. :(