Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Peter Simpson, the Virgin East coast line conductor who tells you all his name and has a computer voice which you're forced to endure over the public address system.

This. Is. The. Nine. Fifty two. Aberdeen to... London. King's... Cross.

Please.

Ensure. That.

All, passengers hold...

A valid...

Ticket, and...

Oh just f*** off.

Please.

People who don't now the way. I was a good guy today. Wife has a uncle on his last few breaths with us (shut up). They have been visiting him for the last few months, usually at the weekend, when I work. Today I had a holiday and said I take my car. Was told it was over 60km. Not a problem. Fill the motor up and away we go. Yes 60km finally we arrived. I'm sitting there thing were not that far from my house if you know where you're going.

Took my own route home only 25km. Ffs. These people have been going there on social occasions for the last 30 years. When I started taking a different road, they were all umming and huffing....

SlipperyP is ramping things up.

People who don't now the way. I was a good guy today. Wife has a uncle on his last few breaths with us (shut up). They have been visiting him for the last few months, usually at the weekend, when I work. Today I had a holiday and said I take my car. Was told it was over 60km. Not a problem. Fill the motor up and away we go. Yes 60km finally we arrived. I'm sitting there thing were not that far from my house if you know where you're going.
Took my own route home only 25km. Ffs. These people have been going there on social occasions for the last 30 years. When I started taking a different road, they were all umming and huffing....

Are you allowed to be left alone with him?

Bought a new mattress today.

Are you allowed to be left alone with him?

Just seen him for a few mins. Left. He didn't look too good. Went out the back and kicked a ball about with my son.

He was open mouth and breathing very heavy. Zen, immediate family time. I stood back.

On football phrases: "he 'just about' kept that in/got that over the line/got a hand to it".

No, he didn't "just about" do it, he did fecking do it!

I've always thought the term 'just about' meant 'almost, but not quite'.  You always hear it from commentators just like the examples you mention, so maybe not.

Edited by smpar

People at work that big deal the shit out of the smallest details. It's usually the p***k that does next to no work.

There seems to be a direct correlation between someone who's consistently droning on about how busy they are and how much they actually do - normally the square root of f**k all. Normally the same airheads who spend untold hours bleating inane pish about their pointless weans, some drivel on TV or what bleak dinner they had the previous night.

In separate PTTGOYN news, having to demonstrate a new supposedly easier process at work to a roomful of wifies with the collective intellect of a Tunnock's teacake who you just know will carry on doing it the way they always have.

Its Mama Mia, think around Christmas time. I'll post Mrs Throbbers number on here so anyone who's interested can get in touch.

I'm away to that as well. You better not give that ticket to GD as knowing my luck he'd end up next to me. *shudder*

Don't mind you giving it to BigFatTabbyDave, though. Heard he's quite handsy.  :wub: