Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Is this Edinburgh school crisis a result of the wall falling over at the school in liberton?

Pretty much yes. Meant they checked all the other ones from the same time frame.

Is this Edinburgh school crisis a result of the wall falling over at the school in liberton?

No, the Liberton was an internal free standing wall which wasn't tied in by roof trusses.

Due to not being secured by anything other than it's foundations it became loose over time and unfortunately collapsed.

The situation with the PPI schools is another matter.

Was it not the wall that fell down at Oxgangs the other week.

Sorry this is the one that caused the issue. Either way there's a lot of people who don't have a clue, mostly parents. If they knew the full extent or theory then I'd imagine they'd be keeping well clear.

The photos in the press show the external brickwork collapse of quite a large curtain wall(Non supporting due to the steelwork carrying all the load),

What appears to have happened is that the brickwork wasn't appropriately tied in to the rest of the structure and the storm has highlighted the flaw.

Was it not the wall that fell down at Oxgangs the other week.

A bit scary, sounds like 3rd World shennanigans.

It had been hoped the schools would reopen after the Easter holiday - but structural engineers found "further serious defects" during remedial work at Oxgangs Primary on Friday 8 April.

The new safety concerns were related to an absence of header ties in the steel structure, so were in addition to the original concerns over external walls.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-36013755

Edited by welshbairn

As already posted this is my first day back after a week off, I did not mention though that it's a 15 hour number today.

The drive into work this morning feels like it was a couple of days ago.

Never mind, 8 minutes to go.

It's mainly in my toes, is that a common thing??

Can occur in any joint, most common is big toe, but I've had it in my thumbs, wrist as well as the toes. If they're red, hot to the tough and it;s the joints, probably gout, blood test will show high levels of uric acid.

I got prescribed indomethacin which works for me.