Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Oh they spread out everywhere.

I got reported a few weeks back by a woman for road rage as I shouted at hr for slamming the breaks on in front of me,she sent in a 3 page later listing everything she did to find a parking space in St Vincent street.Little did she know we have telematics in the vans and the work pulled it up and saw I had slammed on the brakes right where she said she had been parking safely.

There is a roundabout on my route home from work where you have to give way to the left. I don't mean a massive one with traffic lights, just a standard roundabout where 4 roads meet. But at one of the junctions the markings on the road indicate that traffic going round should give way to cars joining from the side road.

This is of course utterly mental, and people not familiar with the layout or not paying attention just fly straight through. I've worked there for 7 months and today witnessed the 5th crash I've seen in that same spot.

ETA here it is:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.534532,0.0786468,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syXXHNuzIPL3wuanqIpgtkQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

There is a roundabout on my route home from work where you have to give way to the left. I don't mean a massive one with traffic lights, just a standard roundabout where 4 roads meet. But at one of the junctions the markings on the road indicate that traffic going round should give way to cars joining from the side road.

This is of course utterly mental, and people not familiar with the layout or not paying attention just fly straight through. I've worked there for 7 months and today witnessed the 5th crash I've seen in that same spot.

ETA here it is:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.534532,0.0786468,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syXXHNuzIPL3wuanqIpgtkQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Looks pretty obvious, there's worse in Inverness, especially when they have traffic lights sometimes on and sometimes off, halfway round a roundabout.

How about this for a roundabout,

It has parking spaces, yes parking spaces, just off the roundabout, which results in fucking arseholes reversing onto it, whilst pulling out, now I thought reversing onto a roundabout was illegal,

Anyway if that ain't bad enough there is also a bus stop, and to top it all the fucking police station is also just off the roundabout,

Do a Google earth, search on mintlaw and see the fucking set up.

Hamiltons one way system.

How they managed to get rid of the garage at Peacock Cross to build a new road then somehow make the travel time longer around that area is beyond me. A complete and utter f**k up.

How about this for a roundabout, It has parking spaces, yes parking spaces, just off the roundabout, which results in fucking arseholes reversing onto it, whilst pulling out, now I thought reversing onto a roundabout was illegal, Anyway if that ain't bad enough there is also a bus stop, and to top it all the fucking police station is also just off the roundabout, Do a Google earth, search on mintlaw and see the fucking set up.

There's a mini-roundabout on the Bearsden/Maryhill Road side of Canniesburn Toll, which seems to be a combination of a game of chicken and a battle to see who can pull off the most outrageous manouever. The other day, I watched 10 cars either go straight over it or round the wrong side.

There's a mini-roundabout on the Bearsden/Maryhill Road side of Canniesburn Toll, which seems to be a combination of a game of chicken and a battle to see who can pull off the most outrageous manouever. The other day, I watched 10 cars either go straight over it or round the wrong side.

I think I know the one you're talking about.  Up until about ten years ago it was just a give way junction, which in itself was a fucking nightmare to get out of half the time.  It's a testament to bad planning that they've made it exponentially worse by putting in a feature that should have made it simpler for everyone.

I think I know the one you're talking about.  Up until about ten years ago it was just a give way junction, which in itself was a fucking nightmare to get out of half the time.  It's a testament to bad planning that they've made it exponentially worse by putting in a feature that should have made it simpler for everyone.

The wee one you go through if you're heading to Asda from Canniesburn. I had actually made a point of going up through the houses to avoid it, it's that bad. Sadly the other day, I was on autopilot and only realised when I was getting stopped at the traffic lights

The wee one you go through if you're heading to Asda from Canniesburn. I had actually made a point of going up through the houses to avoid it, it's that bad. Sadly the other day, I was on autopilot and only realised when I was getting stopped at the traffic lights

Aye, that's the one.  It's always been a horrible junction, but the roundabout almost feels that it's in the wrong place.  You can't see what's coming from Maryhill Road.

When they opened up the wee road to yet another new housing development in Auchterarder, what should have been a simple t junction grew arms and legs. We got a mini roundabout, piled about a foot high with thick paint, and the main road got funny curved New kerbs, reducing its width.

It appears that so many folk just ignored it or complained about suspension getting knacked, that they scraped it right down to ground level again, and now everyone just drives right over it.

Sterling work all round!

Aye, that's the one.  It's always been a horrible junction, but the roundabout almost feels that it's in the wrong place.  You can't see what's coming from Maryhill Road.

Must have been designed by the same guy who did the junction at Renfrew cross. It just feels as though your car is never just quite in the right place. Apparently there used to be a roundabout there and the guy who designed the junction was a non driver.

Aye, that roundabout up the Switchback is kamikaze