Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Dug's dying by the looks of things. Will need to explain why we are suddenly a dug short to my two year old son. Plus my wife will be gutted and I'll need to avoid saying anything stupid like "saves us 50% on our dog food bill".

Don't need to be actively reading anything - just scrolling through Facebook and you don't need to look hard at all to see an obvious spoiler.

I've avoiding anything G of T related as I'm still on series 5. Watched the start of Andrew Marr's politics show on Sunday morning and the big eared cnut announced 2 major plot lines. I don't expect people to wait for me to catch up before discussing it but it wouldn't be hard to give a wee spoiler alert.

Dug's dying by the looks of things. Will need to explain why we are suddenly a dug short to my two year old son. Plus my wife will be gutted and I'll need to avoid saying anything stupid like "saves us 50% on our dog food bill".

p7031_p_v8_aa.jpg

Stick that on for him tonight.

I don't have Facebook but I've heard plenty of people moan about stuff like this. Just stay off Facebook, or is that too difficult?

Saying that, some people on here were moaning last year because people would discuss game of thrones, on the game of thrones thread, after it had been shown on telly.

It actually is - i don't even like Facebook but if I'm sitting about i quite often subconsciously flick through Facebook before i have even thought. Mondays episode wasn't ruined for me but it was for my GF but previous episodes have been spoiled for me. It has only happened with GOT in my experience!

My parents approached this tender subject by getting us excited about the prospect of a puppy so by the time the old Golden Retriever was put to sleep we didn't care as there was the promise of a puppy on the horizon. 

I've avoiding anything G of T related as I'm still on series 5. Watched the start of Andrew Marr's politics show on Sunday morning and the big eared cnut announced 2 major plot lines. I don't expect people to wait for me to catch up before discussing it but it wouldn't be hard to give a wee spoiler alert.

Exactly is impossible to avoid at times! The assumption that everyone is up to date is very annoying.

I also just find it strange that people post exactly what's just happened to Facebook straight away. There's no other purpose to that other than to ruin it for people who haven't seen it, I don't really see the enjoyment of it for them.

Last year I was on holiday for two weeks and missed the final two episodes of the series so I just stayed off of Facebook for the whole time (don't really use it anyway tbh so wasn't difficult) but my girlfriend just couldn't stay away from it and Twitter and so knew everything.

Without any consultation whatsoever, my wife decided we no longer buy Lurpak spreadable and are now Country Life customers. It is of course easily solved, but I need to ensure il win custody of the baby first before going down that road.

Sakes. Spanked by Killie and now this. Chin up chief

I'm sat here watching Sky Spurts news supping an ale & all they are doing is talking to ex players about Jose going to the swamp, what a bunch of lazy c***s all of them out playing golf.

Grimbo

Yeah.  I am trying to do catch up on Dallas (Original Series) so if you know who shot JR - don't tell me!

Edited by Fullerene

Work computers all just been updated,

and for reasons only known to a fucking lunatic google has been removed and replaced by Yahoo.

So instead of Google finding what I want I get Yahoo showing me what it thinks its sponsors want me to see,

Every search is now, open browser, type 'Google' into Yahoo,

Get Google up and find what I need.

Pain in the Arse.

Work computers all just been updated,

and for reasons only known to a fucking lunatic google has been removed and replaced by Yahoo.

So instead of Google finding what I want I get Yahoo showing me what it thinks its sponsors want me to see,

Every search is now, open browser, type 'Google' into Yahoo,

Get Google up and find what I need.

Pain in the Arse.

Can you not just go in and set Google as the homepage and default search engine again?

Scottish Premiership. Have to admit though, out of pure laziness I still sometimes say SPL as I can't be arsed saying Scottish Premiership every time I'm talking to someone about football.

I'm still grumpy that we missed a massive opportunity to go back to First, Second, Third and Fourth divisions when the leagues joined up, instead of mimicking England. It's a pain in the arse talking historically about football as well with all the name changes.

Can you not just go in and set Google as the homepage and default search engine again?

Apparently not allowed to,

It has to stay at as Yahoo,

Set that way by head office in Houston and all offices must be 'Globally compliant and Identical',

I blame Trump.