Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, supermik said:

Could he be anybody on here? Would be funny if the culprit came on here to brag about being on the telly.

Could be ShandonPar IMO. 

Edited by smpar

This commuter/p***k getting interviewed about the state of the trains, on ITV news.

prick.jpg

From the Scotrail thread;

I lower myself to travelling with the proles as it's the quickest way for me to get into work.

I put my expensive, noise cancelling earphones on to block out their infantile chatter about X Factor and any other ghastly things they fill their lives with.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The nature of my work is that occasionally the handover takes longer and thats just a needs must scenario. However I also dont see how anyone can complain if someone wants to work only their alloted hours.

If a company pays you up till 1600, they have absolutely no right to expect a second more than that from you unless it means you would be leaving something in an unsafe condition. Of course that attitude does leave you struggling for give and take when you need it, but that woman done not a single thing wrong.

Companies in this country get away with fucking murder in terms of unpaid overtime.

I agree, but in the case the Scarf is bitching about, the woman isn't working her allotted hours.

The pedant in me feels that if she is ready to leave 5 minutes before finishing time, she isn't working for the final 5 minutes of her shift, nor probably for up to 5 minutes before as she gets her coat, switches off her computer, etc. If the company pays you until 1600, they have every right to expect you to work until then.

I agree, but in the case the Scarf is bitching about, the woman isn't working her allotted hours.

The pedant in me feels that if she is ready to leave 5 minutes before finishing time, she isn't working for the final 5 minutes of her shift, nor probably for up to 5 minutes before as she gets her coat, switches off her computer, etc. If the company pays you until 1600, they have every right to expect you to work until then.

Exactly . Similarly if you're getting paid from 8 you should arrive before and start working at 8 (or before) , not stroll in at 8 o'clock then fanny about preparing to start

I don't mind doing extra work if I've not got it done during the day. Nature of the job means I can sometimes do 40/45 hour weeks, without overtime. I've done 8-8 before even though I'm meant to do 9-5.30. It happens, sure I'll moan about it, but the way I see it I'll get away on time usually if I've been productive, if not it's my own fault.

Been having issues with my thumb recently, doctor said it was tendtonitIs and it sort of cleared up a few weeks ago until it suddenly became locked in a straight position and the only way to bend back into normality was wth my other hand and then it would crack problem solved.

At the docs today who have referred me to the orthopaedics department at FVR hospital but I need to go for an X-ray even though the doc and me know nothings broken or fractured. The reason I have to go for a 2 min X-ray is to "have it on file"

I know they have to rule everything out so very petty.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This commuter/p***k getting interviewed about the state of the trains, on ITV news.

prick.jpg

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

From the Scotrail thread;

I look nothing like Simon Pegg, and those headphones are a fucking disgrace.

I expect a full, grovelling apology.

Overtaking protocol not being observed.

On a winding country road, you have a Sunday driver in front of you and some wide boy in a Golf GTI impatiently nosing up right behind you.

The straight bit on the road appears - all is clear, mirrors, signal, manoeu..............no chance, this pr1ck is predictably already on his way.

48 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Overtaking protocol not being observed.

On a winding country road, you have a Sunday driver in front of you and some wide boy in a Golf GTI impatiently nosing up right behind you.

The straight bit on the road appears - all is clear, mirrors, signal, manoeu..............no chance, this pr1ck is predictably already on his way.

Don't worry, he'll be wrapped around a tree soon enough.