Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Girlfriend phones me up wanting my help, so I try and get her to explain what she wants. Meanwhile she's laughing and joking with her mates and not paying attention so much that she doesn't answer me asking questions and then gets upset that I got pissed off.

So in summary, woman.

People who have the mindset that hot = good and cold = bad, with regards to the temperature around us and the weather.

Think I've posted this before, I'll use this as an excuse:

When the presenters say "it'll be a beautiful day across the whole country".

Right, stop. Telling me it's going to be a "Beautiful day" is not presenting the weather, it is presenting your opinion of the weather that you have not yet given me. You sit about and present two two-minute slots per hour for a relatively short shift (rest of the time spent taking selfies in-between for your Twitter account and redoing your hair at the licence payer's expense). Empty opinions from someone who doesn't actually model the weather* are wasted time in a tight slot. Therefore if the quality is not in the form of exceptional eye-candy (which away from Reporting Scotland it is not) then I expect top notch, technical and to the point weather reporting. I want to know where it's wet, why it's wet and where the wetness is coming from / going, not simply "it'll be a miserable few days ahead". The receptionist at work will let me know that soon enough.

*except that Helen Willets who is actually a meteorologist (and sits in the 'cute MILF next door' category).

Girlfriend phones me up wanting my help, so I try and get her to explain what she wants. Meanwhile she's laughing and joking with her mates and not paying attention so much that she doesn't answer me asking questions and then gets upset that I got pissed off.

So in summary, woman.

Why not just hang up?

16 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Seen a bus go by and the driver was dressed as Santa. Surely it's too early for that? It got on my nerves anyway.

16 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Far too early, I wonder if he's going to wear it every day for the next month.

Is this in Aberdeen?

First Aberdeen do have a Bawbag driver who spends the whole month driving dresssed as Santa because he likes Christmas,

Just an overly cheerful Cockwomble

12 hours ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

'Pray for Chapecoense'. Ye that's what to do. Maybe now God will look after all those poor families he didn't give a f**k about 24 hours ago

^^^^ This,

It's as if there's some magic number of prayers that if we get past it God will do something (like what?) but if not, forget it.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

^^^^ This,

It's as if there's some magic number of prayers that if we get past it God will do something (like what?) but if not, forget it.

Its just another opportunity for people to show how sad they are for something and get attention from it, you see it with every tragedy. 

12 hours ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

'Pray for Chapecoense'. Ye that's what to do. Maybe now God will look after all those poor families he didn't give a f**k about 24 hours ago

Or any response like that you get on Twitter, every time something bad happens a "pray for xxx" movement surely follows where twats want to pretend that they give a f**k while getting as much attention on twitter. "Look at me! i care so much" 

7 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Or any response like that you get on Twitter, every time something bad happens a "pray for xxx" movement surely follows where twats want to pretend that they give a f**k while getting as much attention on twitter. "Look at me! i care so much" 

See my post above.

Just now, EdgarusQPFC said:

spot on pal

True though, not sure why individual people feel the need to do this. Its fair enough for other football clubs to make a statement but when its a personal profile with a few hundred followers it just seems like patronising, insincere, attention seeking nonsense and as a life long Chapecoense supporter i find it greatly offensive.

Christmas must be a paedo's dream. All year parents tell their kids not to talk to strangers then suddenly they actively encourage them to sit on the knee of some dodgy bloke who's unrecognisable under a false beard.

I'm not sure if this happens everywhere, but a few years ago the Santa in the Kingsgate in Dunfermline had to have a separate wee chair for the children to sit on as they weren't allowed to sit on Santa's knee.

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

I'm not sure if this happens everywhere, but a few years ago the Santa in the Kingsgate in Dunfermline had to have a separate wee chair for the children to sit on as they weren't allowed to sit on Santa's knee.

Do you still feel a bit upset about not getting to sit on santa's knee?