Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, smpar said:

My phone has done this really annoying thing recently where it takes about an hour (give or take 10 minutes) to switch on after the battery dies. It doesn't even have an hour's worth of battery once it comes back on either. 

The only thing is that - touch wood - it hasn't yet happened when I desperately need it to come back on quickly i.e just about to leave the house etc.

Still a massive pain in the arse, though.

Are you using a cheapy charger or docking station? Found when mine do that it works much quicker with the regular Apple plug/cable than any other charging thingy.

10 hours ago, smpar said:

My phone has done this really annoying thing recently where it takes about an hour (give or take 10 minutes) to switch on after the battery dies. It doesn't even have an hour's worth of battery once it comes back on either. 

The only thing is that - touch wood - it hasn't yet happened when I desperately need it to come back on quickly i.e just about to leave the house etc.

Still a massive pain in the arse, though.

The Nokia 3210 is bad for that. May be time to upgrade.

54 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I keep getting emails from someone on my floor, who I've never met, about prizes for the best decorated desks.  I've had a couple of thinly veiled snippy comments about my desk "looking bare" and "have you not had time to put your decorations up yet?" by folk (women) whom I don't know and have never interacted with.

No, I haven't, unlike you I appear to have work to be getting on with.  f**k off.

Did your invite to the work Xmas party get lost in the post?

6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Did your invite to the work Xmas party get lost in the post?

This will be the 2nd year in a row that I haven't gone to my Christmas night out.  This year mostly because the majority of my team are based in Leeds and London and I couldn't be arsed travelling down to York midweek for our team night out.

Last year because I was absolutely miserable in the job I was in and didn't want to go.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

This will be the 2nd year in a row that I haven't gone to my Christmas night out.  This year mostly because the majority of my team are based in Leeds and London and I couldn't be arsed travelling down to York midweek for our team night out.

Last year because I was absolutely miserable in the job I was in and didn't want to go.

You can come along with me to mine if you like, it's a day out on the 23rd with breakfast buffet and beers at 9am in the office, then into the city for a noon lunch booking, then ching, booze and strippers until we pass out. 20 of us going.

12 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

You can come along with me to mine if you like, it's a day out on the 23rd with breakfast buffet and beers at 9am in the office, then into the city for a noon lunch booking, then ching, booze and strippers until we pass out. 20 of us going.

Are you a Conservative MSP? I'm thinking it's either that, or the Sunday Post.

24 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

That sounds like the right way to celebrate Christmas. 

The fact that 2016 can "do one' according to loads of people because so and so has died as well as so and so. The faux grief is bad enough but people get old & die, the year that it is has nothing to do with it

I believe that since the internet we see and read more about death. Just a the major news outlets. Also the celeb era has caught up with the old wans too. It only going to get worse.

I keep getting emails from someone on my floor, who I've never met, about prizes for the best decorated desks.  I've had a couple of thinly veiled snippy comments about my desk "looking bare" and "have you not had time to put your decorations up yet?" by folk (women) whom I don't know and have never interacted with.

No, I haven't, unlike you I appear to have work to be getting on with.  f**k off.

About time you got a red hand fleg with "I love p&b" under. Show them who's boss.

He'll a bit a goosbury with you and Lisa. And tThrobber sitting behind

32 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I'm off that day, can I come?

Are you using a cheapy charger or docking station? Found when mine do that it works much quicker with the regular Apple plug/cable than any other charging thingy.

Genuine Apple charger, might even be the one that came with the phone. I had a look into the problem online and it seems to be quite common that iPhones take a while to turn on, but I haven't seen anyone say it takes as long as an hour.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Genuine Apple charger, might even be the one that came with the phone. I had a look into the problem online and it seems to be quite common that iPhones take a while to turn on, but I haven't seen anyone say it takes as long as an hour.

Have you tried plugging it in more often so that the battery doesn't die? Basic life skills.

My wife was having the same problem as you with her iPhone 6. It was never the same after an update and always moaned about Touch not being properly set up, battery push, taking forever to restart. She swapped it for a 6s and the battery seems to last forever now. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Have you tried plugging it in more often so that the battery doesn't die? Basic life skills.

My wife was having the same problem as you with her iPhone 6. It was never the same after an update and always moaned about Touch not being properly set up, battery push, taking forever to restart. She swapped it for a 6s and the battery seems to last forever now. 

Is this still a phone we're talking about?

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

No, I haven't, unlike you I appear to have P&B to be getting on with.  f**k off.

FTFY