Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This is pretty much why they do it, so you have to walk around and end up picking up things you wouldn't have otherwise. Doesn't work on everyone but it definitely works on a lot of people. They also put essentials like bread and milk at the back so you need walk by everything to get them and tons of other sneaky tricks. To be fair it's not just Tesco, every supermarket does it. 

Another one I heard is putting cheaper items right at the bottom of shelves as women feel self-conscious bending down to pick them up.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Another one I heard is putting cheaper items right at the bottom of shelves as women feel self-conscious bending down to pick them up.

^^^ Banned from Tesco for constantly asking for items from the bottom shelf

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I think throbber needs to up his caffeine intake. When you reach a decent plateau on coffee you only need a quick nap at night. 

What awful advice, just not going to drink red bull today and have as much coffee as i want up until 2 pm.  Should sleep like a baby!

That sounds pretty severe! It probably is mostly stress but i think i can help myself by not consuming too much caffeine during the day etc but it is horrible, i was well aware there was nothing other than my own thoughts to be afraid of but that was even more terrifying as you can't escape your own mind. Might start drinking more heavily to get rid of these awful thoughts. 

Do you struggle to get to sleep or are you waking up during the night?

Hiding under the bed, waiting to grab your ankles the second your feet touch the floor.

^^^ Kens the score.

I get to sleep fine and then wake up, sometimes I'm not anxious my mind is just racing about something totally obscure but sometimes i'm in a state of panic - i get quite bad anxiety and take propranolol (not sure if thats correct spelling) on prescription. Might get something stronger next time i see a doc about it and the past month has been the worst i have felt it. Definitely a mental problem and more about mind over matter because it doesn't really stop me from doing anything once I have made a start and nobody other than my girlfriend would notice.

I get to sleep fine and then wake up, sometimes I'm not anxious my mind is just racing about something totally obscure but sometimes i'm in a state of panic - i get quite bad anxiety and take propranolol (not sure if thats correct spelling) on prescription. Might get something stronger next time i see a doc about it and the past month has been the worst i have felt it. Definitely a mental problem and more about mind over matter because it doesn't really stop me from doing anything once I have made a start and nobody other than my girlfriend would notice.

If you have a prescription then my next piece of advice certainly won't help as it's clearly worse than mine! But I tend to find that if I'm overthinking things it's when I'm lying on my left hand side. I turn to the right and those thoughts disappear. It's hardly a scientific discovery but it works for me :lol:

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you have a prescription then my next piece of advice certainly won't help as it's clearly worse than mine! But I tend to find that if I'm overthinking things it's when I'm lying on my left hand side. I turn to the right and those thoughts disappear. It's hardly a scientific discovery but it works for me :lol:

:lol: Its funny but i can only sleep when I'm facing the doorway, it took me quite a few years to figure it out but i instinctively want to sleep closest to the door and so that I'm facing towards it. Everyone has different little habits like that though I'm sure!

45 minutes ago, throbber said:

What awful advice, just not going to drink red bull today and have as much coffee as i want up until 2 pm.  Should sleep like a baby!

Your life used to sound like an Alan Bennett monologue but now you appear to be living in an Edgar Allan Poe novel.  

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Your life used to sound like an Alan Bennett monologue but now you appear to be living in an Edgar Allan Poe novel.  

None of this means anything to me :lol: I still don't get the Alan Bennet reference i tried to find bits and pieces of him on YouTube but didn't really see it!

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

None of this means anything to me :lol: I still don't get the Alan Bennet reference i tried to find bits and pieces of him on YouTube but didn't really see it!

An extract from The Raven

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
Surely," said I, "surely that is something at my window lattice:
Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore —
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; —
'Tis the wind and nothing more."

On the supermarket thing, I'm sure there's some sort of psychology in the music they play that somehow encourages you to buy more.

I also thought the reason for putting cheaper things lower down is so that the dearer items are at eye level.

7 minutes ago, smpar said:

On the supermarket thing, I'm sure there's some sort of psychology in the music they play that somehow encourages you to buy more.

I also thought the reason for putting cheaper things lower down is so that the dearer items are at eye level.

^^^ smpar in the supermarket       

Screen-Shot-2014-11-17-at-2.48.56-PM-468