Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Circular cards at the football.
_51975490_011673416-1.jpg
The f**k is this? jose.png

They funded a £246k psychological study that came back showing that angular corners on cards supposedly have aggressive connotations (sharp things give subconscious associations with knives etc), hence it's a move to calm player emotions and ultimately give referees more protection.

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

They funded a £246k psychological study that came back showing that angular corners on cards supposedly have aggressive connotations (sharp things give subconscious associations with knives etc), hence it's a move to calm player emotions and ultimately give referees more protection.

Facts you made up this pish shirley? I was thinking it was to stop them snagging when pulling them out of their pocket.

Who comes up with this pish?
Hope some c**t nuts a ref ( preferably Willie Collum ) and knocks this theory out the park.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Facts you made up this pish shirley? I was thinking it was to stop them snagging when pulling them out of their pocket.

Hockey cards are all different shapes to help umpires identify which is which when quickly taking them out of their pocket, and also so that a card can still be awarded when they have forgotten the physical card by signalling the shape to the players and other umpire.

Green - triangle

Yellow - square/rectangular

Red - circular

Anyway, my pttgomn - Dundee United FC.

52 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hockey cards are all different shapes to help umpires identify which is which when quickly taking them out of their pocket, and also so that a card can still be awarded when they have forgotten the physical card by signalling the shape to the players and other umpire.

Green - triangle

Yellow - square/rectangular

Red - circular

Anyway, my pttgomn - Dundee United FC.

I knew that and it's the same in football, but why can't they just look at them and decide which is yellow or red?

Instead of cards refs should impose shariah law. I'm in a c**t of a mood. Someone cloned my bank details but instead of giving me the thief's details they gave me back my money. Some drunk appears to have fallen on my car bonnet, denting it (not long after some tit reversed into it). My football team spent the week saying they were looking forward to the run-in then promptly lost to some Ayrshire Juniors mob, I've got a cat who wakes my dog up at 5am every day and tells him its breakfast time so I'm permanently knackered. I've got to do some work qualifications this year which will severely limit my leisure time, and as we know, work is the enemy of the drinking classes. 

Hardcore rugby fans. 

I like Rugby and watch Scotland games and the odd Warriors game and get quite into it, but proper hardcore rugby fans are completely obsessed with football and it's cringey in the extreme. Instead of just focusing on their sport and enjoying it, they are constantly posting photos of a rugby player with a cut head alongside a photo of Ronaldo feigning injury as if it makes Rugby a better sport. It's basically like the little kid trying to show it's as good as it's bigger, more popular brother all the time rather than just getting on with their own stuff. 

Hardcore rugby fans. 
I like Rugby and watch Scotland games and the odd Warriors game and get quite into it, but proper hardcore rugby fans are completely obsessed with football and it's cringey in the extreme. Instead of just focusing on their sport and enjoying it, they are constantly posting photos of a rugby player with a cut head alongside a photo of Ronaldo feigning injury as if it makes Rugby a better sport. It's basically like the little kid trying to show it's as good as it's bigger, more popular brother all the time rather than just getting on with their own stuff. 

I have the bloodgate picture saved for whenever that shite appears on Twitter or Facebook. Checkmate, cuntos

Hardcore rugby fans. 

Pretentious rugby fans are even worse. Some friends of mine (I use the word friends loosely as I take little to do with some of them now) never batted an eyelid or even mentioned rugby until a few years ago when a mates wife (now ex) got a job with Scottish Rugby and was able to get complimentary tickets for most games.

After about two games they were all hardcore rugby fans, loved to gloat about how hard rugby players were compared to footballers and how footballers were fairies for getting hurt so easily. Also like you mentioned, plastering pish like that all over Facebook.

One argument involved me saying football injuries were more frequent and often worse because footballers aren't built to take impact injuries like rugby players are. Had to laugh at the counter argument which was "No, no way, rugby's much worse because in the scrum there's thumb gouges in the eyes!"

Well, yeah, right mate, that's not really an injury which reflects the game is it? That's the action of a total fucking shitebag and would probably stop a man of any shape or size in any sport.

ETA: Rugby [emoji1]

Every time I hear news reporter Nina Nannar's name mentioned on the news, my brain can't help repeat it in the style of a police car siren. 
Want to poke myself in the eye every time.

A bit late to the party but every time I hear Nina Nannars name mentioned I break out into Whigfield's. "Saturday night" song.

Don't know how to upload it to share but have a listen.

12 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Things now being marked as"gluten free" when it has no bearing on the product. Step forward, gluten free shampoo.

Why not? They already have caffeine shampoo & ones with vitamins, both of which do the sum total of zero but people (usually Heat readers) fall for them every time.  The active ingredients in shampoos are detergents; the active ingredients in conditioners are polymers coating what is dead cells (ie. your hair).

26 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Things now being marked as"gluten free" when it has no bearing on the product. Step forward, gluten free shampoo.

And people who think a gluten free diet means healthy when it only is for about 1% of the population with Celiac Disease, the rest will get an increased risk of diabetes by following it. 

Spoiler

So the Daily Mail says anyway. And the New Scientist, I checked.

Edited by welshbairn