Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who can't use proper English. The amount of folk who phone up my work and say "I haven't received nothing yet" is amazing.

I must admit to occasionally using bad grammar whilst knowing that it's bad, usually because it's some dialect type thing.

"How no?" would be a classic example.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 14:46, JamieT1314 said:

Mobile phones should always be on mute/vibrate. Anyone that has a ringtone of any kind on their phone should be shot.

I'd just picked up a new Sony Ericsson or some other pre-smartphone tat. Got on the busy train home and Robbie Williams started blaring out "I'm a singer. I'm a songwriter. I'm a born entertainer". Turns out it was some fucking Robbie Williams special edition phone and that was the preset text alert. Couldn't stand the fucker either. I don't usually get embarrassed too easily but I wanted to chuck myself off the train.

I've been forced to get an Uber because there are no decent taxi apps that'll take American Express around here.

I've only used Uber's once (well more than once but over one weekend in London) and they were most excellent. Much better than an ordinary taxi.

Edit: may have been as it was a group of lads and we were always drunk and general disgraced but it was a good laugh.

I've only used Uber's once (well more than once but over one weekend in London) and they were most excellent. Much better than an ordinary taxi.

Had my first Uber experience in Houston recently. Longest I had to wait for a lift was 5 mins and I particularly like paying a flat fare in advance, not having to worry about a meter ticking away if you get caught in traffic. Normal taxi to my hotel from the airport was $85 whilst Uber for the return trip was only $40. Will certainly use if in London.

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

I've been forced to get an Uber because there are no decent taxi apps that'll take American Express around here.

Is that still a 21st Century thing? Thought AMEX had died away with Bebo.

35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Had my first Uber experience in Houston recently. Longest I had to wait for a lift was 5 mins and I particularly like paying a flat fare in advance, not having to worry about a meter ticking away if you get caught in traffic. Normal taxi to my hotel from the airport was $85 whilst Uber for the return trip was only $40. Will certainly use if in London.

Every time you use Uber you're promoting zero hours contracts with zero rights. You selfish c**t.

11 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Some of the names have been made up to give each one a Gaelic name and see some make no sense
Falkirk Grahamston is Baile a'Ghreumaich
Falkirk High is Bràighe na h-Eaglaise Brice
The gaelic for Falkirk is  An Eaglais Bhreac

Which ones of them make no sense?

Also, folk that make up names for other places that they can't actually pronounce themselves, e.g. 'Munick'.

Those that can't spell 'Gael' goes without saying.

Whoops!
Well spotted

When the rest of the world starts saying "Edinburgh" correctly I'll worry more about saying other places like the locals

Not petty but we don't have things that enrage you thread. People who post pics and videos on FB of some tortured animal. I'm casually scrolling away perfectly happy and then suddenly I've to look at that!!!!

WTF is wrong with the people who repost this shit like i want to see it?

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Not petty but we don't have things that enrage you thread. People who post pics and videos on FB of some tortured animal. I'm casually scrolling away perfectly happy and then suddenly I've to look at that!!!!

Only recently started to dip into FB. First person I blanked was my sister in law who seems to constantly post photos of dying or tortured dogs and cats. I dont watch any nature programmes anymore as I hate seeing any kind of animal suffering so I sure as heck can't be bothered with all her pish that she posts up.

18 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Bin the facelook shite.

7 minutes ago, supermik said:

Only recently started to dip into FB. First person I blanked was my sister in law who seems to constantly post photos of dying or tortured dogs and cats. I dont watch any nature programmes anymore as I hate seeing any kind of animal suffering so I sure as heck can't be bothered with all her pish that she posts up.

Facebook is mostly about people fishing for compliments, or fishing for sympathy. If you can join in with that mindset and are willing to take part in the occasional group kicking, you will have many new 'friends'.