Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Women :angry:

Why can't they think of their kid for once instead of letting two hours at work turn into six hours?

That's another unhappy face on my son when he sees me and not the mother he desperately wants to see pick him up from school. :angry::angry:

Guest Ron Burgundy
Women :angry:

Why can't they think of their kid for once instead of letting two hours at work turn into six hours?

That's another unhappy face on my son when he sees me and not the mother he desperately wants to see pick him up from school. :angry::angry:

have you considered the Mrs Doubtfire option...the kids in that movie seemed to love her hilarious ways, although it might backfire and he could be bullied for the rest of his schooldays.

I'm just a little bit on the hacked off side. A girl that I work with came to me half an hour ago and asked what time I was finishing tonight, and I told her half 4. She said 'I'll come to you at 4 then for a handover'. I thought 'That's strange. Why do I need to do a handover?'. So, I came back to my office and rang the agency, and asked if I was finishing today, because I was told there'd be a handover, although no one here has actually mentioned anything until now about me finishing. She said that she's had an email from my manger here to say that my contract is finishing today, and that the manager had spoken to me about it. She hadn't. The girl at the agency has been out all week, apparently, and got the email today. She didn't actually think to ring me, because she thought the line manager had spoken to me. I have no work to go to next week, and I've only been told this in the last half an hour. Fucking marvellous.

Even though Im happy, because for the first time in 2 years, my account is out of the red (albeit temporarily), Im somewhat annoyed about getting home and finding out that every single car parking space on my street - even the double yellows - has a car snuggled into it.

Usually its easy to get a space, what the hell is going on? <_<

Ive had to leave it on double yellows round the corner. Not where I want it to be.

Guest XaaronPrimus

I thought working in a major industrial estate on quite a few bus routes would mean no more "Waiting at the bus stop for ages on a Friday Night"...

I was wrong.

First and Last time I bother waiting for the bus, I'll walk like I normally do.

Just eaten a chinese, off to play football then off to the pub. But stupidly I have just had a shave to save time after I finish, a case of shower change and out, so it is going to itch like hell. Also I fear my chinese coming back up during football.

Ooh do describe them, go on. :D If you let me know the date you went through I could narrow it down and tell you what I think of them.

Male/Female

Young/Old

Hair colour/general description

:ph34r:;)

Fair enough :lol:

Came through about 7am on Tuesday morning, the guy was fairly tall, about 50 ish I'd guess, a bit of a beer belly and grey hair. Didn't sound like a typical Weegie when he spoke, but you caught the twang.

That's the colleague of yours who is totally incompetent :D

My boys' school goes from bad to worse.

Firstly, my youngest lad's teacher (this is reception class, first year of school, 4-5 year olds) refuses to let them use the toilet during 'lesson time', will not let them have water in class and is generally a bit of a scary cow about the classroom. She snatches things from kids, rather than asking for them to be put away when play is finished and shouts rather than speaks. For some of these kids, it's their first experience of a school environment, and it seems that this is the first class that she has taught because she is quite young. Their Dad has been and spoken to the headteacher about it, and other parents have voiced concerns, and now the teacher is refusing to speak to Robert and Ashley's dad at all, blanking him when he drops Ashley off at class - which he has to do because she won't let the children in her class play in the playground before school starts, regardless of the fact the children from other classes do. She sounds exceptionally petty and immature to me, and as I said to Adam, she should just be grateful it's Dad that's sorting it out, because if Mummy had to go and do it, it'd be a damn sight worse for her.

Now I've just spoken to him again, and it turns out that the boys didn't get any dinner yesterday in school. The headteacher rang their dad at half past 11 to say that they wouldn't be getting any lunch because there was new contractors who were coming down hard on non-payment of dinner money - which sounds like a load of bollocks to me, but still - and so my boys and other children in the school didn't get lunch.

Now, my kids dinner money had been paid, but it turned out that there was an issue with the computer system that showed that some kids were in arrears, even though they weren't. Regardless of whether there was arrears or not, how the hell can a school say 'We're not giving you any lunch' to a 4 and 9 year old? What are they playing at, letting kids sit there watching all their friends have their lunch? It wasn't just my two, but obviously, they're the ones I'm most concerned about. The head asked David to pay it again, and if when the system was working it showed they had overpaid, it would be refunded. But, when I asked David if they would be refunded what had been paid for the meals yesterday that they never had, he said they wouldn't!

I'm fucking fuming, and there's piss all I can do about it until I'm next in Bristol. This is actually probably a good thing, though, because I can see me only making it worse. :ph34r:

A local paper would love a "KIDS DENIED SCHOOL MEALS" story but, again, that could probably make it worse if the school is staffed by vindictive types, which it seems to be.

A local paper would love a "KIDS DENIED SCHOOL MEALS" story but, again, that could probably make it worse if the school is staffed by vindictive types, which it seems to be.

It's actually really tempting, but being a Catholic school, I'm already seeing the cover-up. :lol:

The school was always lovely, they never used to have contractors, always had their own kitchens and a cook, only ever made decent, healthy meals for the children, never chips, proper home-style meals and pudding. The head, while a lot of the staff think he's capable of being a dickhead, the children love him because he's a bit of a soft-touch and friendly. It's still the same guy, and most of the teachers are the same as they've always had - and are still lovely - but it's this new one in Ashley's class that seems to be a cow, and I have no idea what the head is playing at with this.

They are really lucky that Dad's dealing with it all, because he's the calm, placid, let's-talk-it-through-sensibly-and-come-to-a-solution type, whereas Mummy is the bull-in-a-china-shop, rant-until-I-get-the-conclusion-I-want type. I've just said to Adam's Mum that it's probably a good thing the school is shut over Christmas when I'll actually be there.

amatuer referees, last week the ref was so fat that he didnt run or move outside of the centre circle of the pitch, this week the ref books me for swearing(not even at him, at my own team!!!), then abandons the game for getting abuse from one of our players for giving him abuse for giving him abuse for 2 red cards for dissent!!!! honestly!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

amatuer referees, last week the ref was so fat that he didnt run or move outside of the centre circle of the pitch, this week the ref books me for swearing(not even at him, at my own team!!!), then abandons the game for getting abuse from one of our players for giving him abuse for giving him abuse for 2 red cards for dissent!!!! honestly!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

That's a nasty stutter you have there.

Guest Tatty Boabie

Sounds like a lively game.

Guest Tatty Boabie
nah only the ref was the centre of attention, not one bad tackle all match, the ref handed out 4 bookings and 2 red cards (at one player) for either swearing(just in general) or at him

Yeah, that's no good, but to be fair there are a few professional refs like that, they like to be the centre of attention. It's like they think they are more important than the game of football.