Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My boys' school goes from bad to worse.

Firstly, my youngest lad's teacher (this is reception class, first year of school, 4-5 year olds) refuses to let them use the toilet during 'lesson time', will not let them have water in class and is generally a bit of a scary cow about the classroom. She snatches things from kids, rather than asking for them to be put away when play is finished and shouts rather than speaks. For some of these kids, it's their first experience of a school environment, and it seems that this is the first class that she has taught because she is quite young. Their Dad has been and spoken to the headteacher about it, and other parents have voiced concerns, and now the teacher is refusing to speak to Robert and Ashley's dad at all, blanking him when he drops Ashley off at class - which he has to do because she won't let the children in her class play in the playground before school starts, regardless of the fact the children from other classes do. She sounds exceptionally petty and immature to me, and as I said to Adam, she should just be grateful it's Dad that's sorting it out, because if Mummy had to go and do it, it'd be a damn sight worse for her.

Now I've just spoken to him again, and it turns out that the boys didn't get any dinner yesterday in school. The headteacher rang their dad at half past 11 to say that they wouldn't be getting any lunch because there was new contractors who were coming down hard on non-payment of dinner money - which sounds like a load of bollocks to me, but still - and so my boys and other children in the school didn't get lunch.

Now, my kids dinner money had been paid, but it turned out that there was an issue with the computer system that showed that some kids were in arrears, even though they weren't. Regardless of whether there was arrears or not, how the hell can a school say 'We're not giving you any lunch' to a 4 and 9 year old? What are they playing at, letting kids sit there watching all their friends have their lunch? It wasn't just my two, but obviously, they're the ones I'm most concerned about. The head asked David to pay it again, and if when the system was working it showed they had overpaid, it would be refunded. But, when I asked David if they would be refunded what had been paid for the meals yesterday that they never had, he said they wouldn't!

I'm fucking fuming, and there's piss all I can do about it until I'm next in Bristol. This is actually probably a good thing, though, because I can see me only making it worse. :ph34r:

I'm not trying to be funny here,but shouldn't the school have called up all the parents when this happend to speak to them and arrange for something to be done about it?

IMHO,it seems these people don't have a fucking clue,about anything.

shouldn't the school have called up all the parents when this happend to speak to them and arrange for something to be done about it?

They did though, didn't they? At most, though, an hour before the children were due to eat, ie at a point where most parents would be unable to get to the school to either take their children home or take them lunch.

I don't blame you LM for being livid about this. Deny my kids food and drink and watch my claws come out too! I don't see how it's conceivable that this has even been allowed to happen - surely it's against some human rights for the school to refuse the children food? It's the art of "making a point" taken too far - there just are no words for that kind of behaviour against children! :angry:

I'm annoyed now too and it's f*** all to do with me! Hope it's all ironed out quickly with no further comeback on the kids in school.

Were the children were then expected to concentrate in the afternoon as well?

Space saver spare tyres! Had to use mine today and then avoid the motorway coming home so I didn't forget to stick to 50mph. Better than no tyre at all, but really what's wrong with using a proper one? Just make a space in the car big enough to take it at manufacturer - other cars do it, why can't mine???

They did though, didn't they? At most, though, an hour before the children were due to eat, ie at a point where most parents would be unable to get to the school to either take their children home or take them lunch.

I don't blame you LM for being livid about this. Deny my kids food and drink and watch my claws come out too! I don't see how it's conceivable that this has even been allowed to happen - surely it's against some human rights for the school to refuse the children food? It's the art of "making a point" taken too far - there just are no words for that kind of behaviour against children! :angry:

I'm annoyed now too and it's f*** all to do with me! Hope it's all ironed out quickly with no further comeback on the kids in school.

Were the children were then expected to concentrate in the afternoon as well?

Maybe I didn't read it properly. :ph34r:

Don't the kids get off school if there are burst pipes or no heating at the school?

Edited by saints1884

Guest The Phoenix
Space saver spare tyres! Had to use mine today and then avoid the motorway coming home so I didn't forget to stick to 50mph. Better than no tyre at all, but really what's wrong with using a proper one? Just make a space in the car big enough to take it at manufacturer - other cars do it, why can't mine???

With you 100% on that one - my Avensis has one of those and it's like driving a Model T Ford (well on one corner anyway!)

Absolute scandal. I'd rather have slightly less boot space (the boot is massive anyway) and pay an extra £50 to have 5 proper wheels / tyres.

Edited by The Phoenix

Guest The Phoenix
Fed the dog 2mg diazapam and she is still going ape shite at the fireworks. Poor thing will have a heart attack before the weekends out. :(

Shoot it - sometimes it's best to be cruel to be kind.

My kids dog is the same,She is shit scared of fireworks.

I called the vet she told me to shut the curtains and ignore her and she'd settle. Pointed out I'd been doing that. Asked if there was any difference between human diazapam and animal and she said no it's the same stuff but I'd have to bring dog in so they could listen to her heart. 100 quid for the pleasure. I said nah it's fine vet said she was in top health the other day and then fed her one of mine. Hasn't worked though :(

Guest The Phoenix
I called the vet she told me to shut the curtains and ignore her and she'd settle. Pointed out I'd been doing that. Asked if there was any difference between human diazapam and animal and she said no it's the same stuff but I'd have to bring dog in so they could listen to her heart. 100 quid for the pleasure. I said nah it's fine vet said she was in top health the other day and then fed her one of mine. Hasn't worked though :(

Nae wonder the dog's going ape shit - it's as mad as you. B)

Guest The Phoenix
Aye and I'm coming with the riffle to find you! I'll get off on diminished responsabilty due to being a nutter!

A riffle indeed - now you're talking piffle. :rolleyes:

I agree with the second bit though. B)