Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've read the last couple of pages and I'm still not entirely sure what's going on.

Does she lie the cheese flat on it's large side?  Or stand it upright along the longest narrow side and slice down the way?

Because the second example is correct.  The first is the act of a crazy person.

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

It's crazier than either of them , I gather that she stands it on a narrow side , doesn't matter which , then slices a layer off the large side. I just don't understand how that could result in a slice of uniform thickness , I would also be intrigued to know how she deals with it when the block gets down to its final quarter thickness or so , surely her technique could result in nothing other than a broken shambles .

That would be correct. Stands it on the narrow end and slices down the big face. She says its the perfect size for a slice of bread. She doesnt want to waste her time with rubbish wee rectangles. It take her an age to cut a slice and I've never been around to witness what happens towards the end. I can only assume she throws half the block in the bin

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I hadn't even contemplated that someone would do this.  She'll kill him in his sleep.

Its worrying, isn't it. Not sure if she should be allowed to bring up a child. Maybe I should call social services.

5 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Its worrying, isn't it. Not sure if she should be allowed to bring up a child. Maybe I should call social services.

She's going to rip your throat out with a cheese knife in the throes or passion one day. Sounds like a keeper. 

Folk who think you should rinse your mouth out after brushing your teeth are probably the same kind of folk who think mouthwash should be used after brushing your teeth as well (instead of before).

Hold the fucking phone, mouthwash before you brush your teeth? I'm no really a mouthwash guy, more brush and spit man, but mouthwash before you brush?! Before?
The worlds going to hell in a hand cart.

9 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Hold the fucking phone, mouthwash before you brush your teeth? I'm no really a mouthwash guy, more brush and spit man, but mouthwash before you brush?! Before?
The worlds going to hell in a hand cart.

Yes, for the same reason you shouldn't rinse your mouth out with water after you brush your teeth.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/Teethcleaningguide.aspx

Yes, for the same reason you shouldn't rinse your mouth out with water after you brush your teeth.
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/Teethcleaningguide.aspx

Okay, I'm less perplexed by this development. It's not directly before as I had in mind. Not directly after either. Just a random point in the day, aye nae bother. Just give me wooden teeth now.