Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The last three months can take can take a f**k to themselves, first my girlfriend gets taken into hospital as she needs her gallbladder removed, a week after she's out I broke my heel bone and have been off work since and today my mum's been diagnosed with breast cancer, they seem to have caught it early thankfully but it's still a nightmare. Just as well Accies are doing no bad for a change otherwise I'd be ready for flinging myself off a tall building.

f**k sake, Bert. Sorry about all that pal. Hopefully a full and speedy recovery for all concerned. And Hamilton will soon be shite again but that's when you know things are back to normal.

The last three months can take a f**k to themselves, first my girlfriend gets taken into hospital as she needs her gallbladder removed, a week after she's out I broke my heel bone and have been off work since and today my mum's been diagnosed with breast cancer, they seem to have caught it early thankfully but it's still a nightmare. Just as well Accies are doing no bad for a change otherwise I'd be ready for flinging myself off a tall building.

Sorry to hear that m8. Hopefully all works out well; except accies of course.

Had the dreaded CHAP CHAP "EMBDY IN" from the cleaner whilst having a shit this morning at work. Keeps changing her routine, can't get a shite in peace.

Absolute worst, my condolences.

Thankfully our cleaner is a stickler for timekeeping and I can shit in relative peace.

27 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Had the dreaded CHAP CHAP "EMBDY IN" from the cleaner whilst having a shit this morning at work. Keeps changing her routine, can't get a shite in peace.

Nothing worse, having to awkwardly shout back "Aye 2 mins" then speed wipe your arse when you've been looking forward to a relaxing shite/skive all morning.

Guest Moomintroll
The last three months can take a f**k to themselves, first my girlfriend gets taken into hospital as she needs her gallbladder removed, a week after she's out I broke my heel bone and have been off work since and today my mum's been diagnosed with breast cancer, they seem to have caught it early thankfully but it's still a nightmare. Just as well Accies are doing no bad for a change otherwise I'd be ready for flinging myself off a tall building.

Hope everything goes well domestically, utter p***k of a disease but good news that they caught it early, hope everything goes to shit footbally however.

37 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Our cleaners do this, but then still come in and clean even if you're mid shite (obviously they don't clean the cubicle you're in at the time; they instead stand impatiently outside waiting).

People whose birthday falls between Thursday - Monday (inclusive) who then declare that weekend their "birthday weekend" and demand the accompanying fuss, rather than just having a birthday like everybody else.

Especially embarrassing when grown men do this. Spoiled wee lassie mentality.

Anyone that makes a big deal out of their birthday. It's a sure fire sign of immaturity and low self esteem.

Have a fucking word.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

People whose birthday falls between Thursday - Monday (inclusive) who then declare that weekend their "birthday weekend" and demand the accompanying fuss, rather than just having a birthday like everybody else.

Especially embarrassing when grown men do this. Spoiled wee lassie mentality.

I may be guilty here. I always celebrate my birthday on the nearest Saturday so I can get properly pished with no work worries. I wouldn't extend it though.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are folk on here purposely going into work early to have a shit or do the cleaners work 9-5?

Normal cleaners are usually in early before the workforce arrives in my experience. 

Our cleaner work 9-5.. or at least they are here 9-5 but they clean the toilets when I'm shitting and clean the kitchen when I want a cup of coffee.

Hope your name is ok Bert. My mum went through the same, been in remission for over ten years now. Caught it early enough, had a wee op and the treatment.

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Just checked and my birthday is a Friday next year. I will be getting hammered all that weekend. Not sorry.

Wednesday next year. 40. Would love a day of peace and quiet. No phone. No nagging. That or a hotel suite with the missus and a couple of open minded masseuses. 

My birthday is on a Thursday this year. Next Thursday to be specific. I am celebrating it over the weekend. [mention=1852]Rugster[/mention] better have bought me a decent present too. 

Don't be too disappointed if it's a Tennents branded towel

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are folk on here purposely going into work early to have a shit or do the cleaners work 9-5?

Normal cleaners are usually in early before the workforce arrives in my experience. 

Our cleaners clean the toilets between 09.00 and 09.30. They've clearly timed it to mess with everyone and cause the most hassle possible. Also there are 2 of each toilets on our floor/in our area (2 men's, 2 women's and 2 disabled) and they often clean both the men's at the same time.