Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not everyone can drink it. I once made the mistake of ordering a large "cafe caramelo" once in Costa, was the size of a fucking soup bowl. Sent me Haywire, thought I was going to have a heart attack at one point. Now i can't touch the stuff.

5 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm actually struggling to understand how folk make it through the day without coffee. I go a morning without caffeine and I'm a quivering mess.

I find that strange.  As I've said I like both but can easily go for long periods without either.  Sounds like you're an addict.

My phone had stopped working in that it thinks there are headphones plugged in at all times. Which means I can't call people or watch videos unless there are actual headphones plugged in. Gonna be interesting at work tomorrow when someone tries to call me.

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Those weren't the reasons!

(Clearly this applies to me, my dad, me, my boy...)

I think it's about tradition. I like tradition. Knowing where you come from, having a connection with your past.

But I suppose I wouldn't do it if it was a shite name.

So if you have (already or in the future) a second son does he get the same name again or is his connection with the past f*cked?

I was working up in the Orkneys some years ago, and got talking to a girl in a pub who didn't look too bad, so I asked her name.

"Iona Gunn" says she. 

I got out that pub pretty smartly - I only asked her name FFS.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 hours ago, Widge said:

My phone had stopped working in that it thinks there are headphones plugged in at all times. Which means I can't call people or watch videos unless there are actual headphones plugged in. Gonna be interesting at work tomorrow when someone tries to call me.

Your headphone jack point is moist. Get it in a bag of rice overnight.

My girlfriend being one of these "new age" woman that refuse to cook, clean do washing because historically those were womans chores. I've heard it from a lot of woman these days that they won't be trained to become a housewife and as a result don't pull their weight when it comes to helping run the household.

I have to do all the DIY, wash the cars, do the gardens basically anything to do with household chores

If she empties the dishwasher she will do it all but the cutlery because she finds it fiddly and leaves it for me - she says if people shouldn't be forced to do things they dont want.......... why has this poisonous attitude been instilled in young woman??

Edited by red23