Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Setting myself up for a storm of abuse here, but...

People who call their kids after themselves. Are they so unimaginative that they can't think of a different name? Or do they feel that the world can't get on without them so producing a Mini-Me will somehow ease the sorrow when they pop their clogs?

Okay, fill your boots...

Americans are bad for this, e.g. Tobias Worscunt IIV, it's like they're pretending to be kings or popes.

Petty thing number 2 of the day.

I recently bought a book off Amazon, except it turns out that it came from a smaller seller and not Amazon themselves. I've now received 7 different emails from them telling me they are a small independent seller, and if I liked their service, I should leave feedback.

I selected the book and paid for it, you sent it to me, as per the agreement for purchasing. Quality fucking customer service indeed, you needy c***s.

Setting myself up for a storm of abuse here, but...
People who call their kids after themselves. Are they so unimaginative that they can't think of a different name? Or do they feel that the world can't get on without them so producing a Mini-Me will somehow ease the sorrow when they pop their clogs?
Okay, fill your boots...

Those weren't the reasons!

(Clearly this applies to me, my dad, me, my boy...)

I think it's about tradition. I like tradition. Knowing where you come from, having a connection with your past.

But I suppose I wouldn't do it if it was a shite name.

Our tradition is the eldest son gets the fathers first name as a middle name. Not too difficult a concept but when you have an awkward first name and want their name to roll off the tongue rather than sound like a tongue twister it can prove difficult.

The worst arseholes are the really dire john johnsons, steven stevensons, robert Robertsons and david davidson style names.

My wife's family have a tradition of middle names being either Steele or Hunter. Both of which are cooler than the recent tradition in my family of 'James' as a middle name, literally because my grandad was a big James Bond fan and so decided it was a good idea and it's somehow stuck.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mrs Bs gran. Fucking hate coming to her house. Its shite, I dont like her, and she doesnt even offer us a cup of tea.

Honestly.... Who doesnt offer a hot beverage to visitors.

I suppose it all depends on how welcome the visitor is.

Mrs Bs gran. Fucking hate coming to her house. Its shite, I dont like her, and she doesnt even offer us a cup of tea.

Grans are usually good c***s bairnardo. I can't decide if you're being really harsh or really unlucky.

The non offering of beverages suggest you might have been unlucky.

Send the wife and weans on their own next time.

[quote post="11615261" timestamp="1504442272" name="Jmothecat2" userid=" Both of which are cooler than the recent tradition in my family of 'James' as a middle name, literally because my grandad was a big James Bond fan and so decided it was a good idea and it's somehow stuck.

That's a really shite tradition to start. Poor show jmo.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Petty thing number 2 of the day.

I recently bought a book off Amazon, except it turns out that it came from a smaller seller and not Amazon themselves. I've now received 7 different emails from them telling me they are a small independent seller, and if I liked their service, I should leave feedback.

I selected the book and paid for it, you sent it to me, as per the agreement for purchasing. Quality fucking customer service indeed, you needy c***s.

@BigFatTabbyDave

I've sent Mark an email to apologise, and will send a link to a survey for his suggestions as to how we can improve in the future.

Not sure if he grasped the importance of feedback, so I'll follow up later to press that point, and provide some social media templates to help recommend our services to his friend on Facebook.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I honestly must have been really, really lucky with in laws and grandparents in law. Some of the stories I read are frightening to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Man up and ask for one if it bothers you that much.

I don't always remember to offer tea or coffee tbh. But I'm not a regular drinker of those so it's not part of my routine.

[quote post="11615261" timestamp="1504442272" name="Jmothecat2" userid=" Both of which are cooler than the recent tradition in my family of 'James' as a middle name, literally because my grandad was a big James Bond fan and so decided it was a good idea and it's somehow stuck.

That's a really shite tradition to start. Poor show jmo.

Yeah it's a bit odd. At least James is a nice name, and the James Bond films are quite good. Me being named after a borderline racist cricketer and James Bond doesn't make for the coolest of names really.