Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

45 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

"We are currently experiencing high volumes of enquiries"

Is it just me or does every organisation now use this line to justify taking ages to respond? f**k up and employ more staff.

It's much along the same lines as the lie that self service checkouts are quicker and more convenient.

Quicker? Only inasmuch as less people use them...it's still the same amount of items being scanned at the same pace.

More convenient? Defo, but for the company who save in wages by getting customers to do the work for nothing and almost certainly don't pass on the saving...

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

There's a coup in Tenerife?

Zimbabwe. They locals are getting all worked up about stuff like poverty and corruption and overlooking the fact that they have one of the best dressed dictators ever to emerge from Africa. 

Are you suggesting they're okay somewhere like muscle beach? 
What about some sort of headband or beanie? 

There’s more chance of the sun getting in your eyes at muscle beach I suppose. Even headbands or beanies are daft in doors tbh. Baseball caps seem to just irk me, same with people who cut about with their hoods up indoors.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Head band and tights?

Are you auditioning for Fame the musical?

I've never worn them at the same time, honest. Just have a running headband thing for keeping my ears warm/earphones in place if running in wild weather. Have occasionally worn a beanie in the gym if my hair is long and sweat is likely to be flying about. Unreserved fan of gym tights though. 

4 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

There’s more chance of the sun getting in your eyes at muscle beach I suppose. Even headbands or beanies are daft in doors tbh. Baseball caps seem to just irk me, same with people who cut about with their hoods up indoors.

"You there. Yes, you in the cap/hood. This is a gym, not a fucking Skepta video. Do some fucking exercise". 

Aaaaannnd breathe out.

3 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Baseball cap wearers come across as desperately trying to shout out that the USA is in some way cool.

You can occasionally  get with it...

It's annoying because they're very practical, just shove it in a pocket and use when needed. A bunnet is a bit daft when it's hot. I'd rather burn my balding head though.