Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Gave myself a fairly horrific burn earlier on by somehow ejecting a load of bolognese out of the pan directly onto myself.

What does one use to treat such a burn?

Almond oil. Stops scarring etc. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Mrs B going to Boots shortly. Will pass this on. Its fucking lowping atm and blistered. I misguidedly put ice on it followed by germolene. Need something more suited to the job.

Got any nappy rash stuff - Sudocrem or something like that? That can help too. 

Gave myself a fairly horrific burn earlier on by somehow ejecting a load of bolognese out of the pan directly onto myself.

What does one use to treat such a burn?

One might suggest it’s deserved as you were making bolognese in the morning and that’s the clear sign of being OFTW.
I wouldn’t suggest that though, I hope you make a full and speedy recovery. Ps, any of that bolognese going spare?

Would that not 'cook' it even more. I thought you were supposed to avoid oil/creams as they trapped in the heat and made it worse ?

Or a have I just stepped in between a clever way of a Dunfermline fan scarring a Falkirk fan for life ?

2 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Would that not 'cook' it even more. I thought you were supposed to avoid oil/creams as they trapped in the heat and made it worse ?

Or a have I just stepped in between a clever way of a Dunfermline fan scarring a Falkirk fan for life ?

It seems to work - my mother in law is a bit of a witch and it was her tip. The missus always uses it on burns and it really works for some reason. 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Mrs B going to Boots shortly. Will pass this on. Its fucking lowping atm and blistered. I misguidedly put ice on it followed by germolene. Need something more suited to the job.

Cool the burn with cool or lukewarm running water for 20 minutes, as soon as possible after the injury. Never use ice, iced water, or any creams or greasy substances such as butter.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/burns-and-scalds/treatment/

Yep.... Pretty much covers what not to do. Which is precisely what I did. I suspect the ice is actually what brought out the blisters. Sure germolene cant do any further harm but it might not be the best thing for the job. Just have to await Mrs Bs return.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yep.... Pretty much covers what not to do. Which is precisely what I did. I suspect the ice is actually what brought out the blisters. Sure germolene cant do any further harm but it might not be the best thing for the job. Just have to await Mrs Bs return.

Should probably wait for her to do the cooking in future too. Oh, and @Shandon Par try and make it two pumps and a squirt with her today, the boy's in pain and waiting.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Covering it with cling film or a plastic bag and pressing a wet towel on top seems to be the main advice after initial drenching in cool or lukewarm water.

35 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It seems to work - my mother in law is a bit of a witch and it was her tip. The missus always uses it on burns and it really works for some reason. 

Is this a regular occurrence? We're not talking about cigarette burns, I hope.