Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Our volume control works fine, but it's the volume for the Virgin box, rather than the TV that it controls.

Ours thought it was 21.50 on Thursday for several hours on Thursday night, and then all day Friday it thought the time was 21.50 on Friday. It got the days right at least, but it wouldn't let us turn the channel over without manually typing in the channel number. We couldn't just select a channel from the menu, as it thought we were trying to set reminders for everything. Adam just unplugged it for a bit and it was fine after that.

With regard to Virgin Media staff not having a clue, I don't personally see that changing at any point in the near future, even with the new staff member they're going to have later this month... :whistle

I've got a light gray one and a V+ box. The volume didn't work so I phoned to confirm if it should, I was asked what kind of TV I had and was talked through setting it up and, Hey Presto!

It's the TV it controls, but on my upstairs box (not V+) with the black remote the remote volume controls the box!

Confused? You should be!

It's not really a big problem as you can go into the menu and turn the volume bit up on that.

3 weeks worth of man-flu in my household culminates in me getting a cold and an ear infection. anti-biotics, paracetemol and ibruprofen not working yet. I need sleep. :(

Edited by Ladyfan

With regard to Virgin Media staff not having a clue, I don't personally see that changing at any point in the near future, even with the new staff member they're going to have later this month... :whistle

:lol: When does he start?

Guest The Phoenix
What? Adam? No, you must be confusing him with someone else. Straight as a die, our Adam. P&B's very own angel. :rolleyes:

My mistake. :(

L-M must have her finger on the pulse.

When i'm out with my wife or kids i always walk on the outside of the pavement-as i was taught by my mother- and it annoys the f**k out of me when i see guys walking down the road hand in hand with their girlfriend and the poor girl is walking next to the road.

It might be sexist but there it is.

When i'm out with my wife or kids i always walk on the outside of the pavement-as i was taught by my mother- and it annoys the f**k out of me when i see guys walking down the road hand in hand with their girlfriend and the poor girl is walking next to the road.

It might be sexist but there it is.

Despite my being louder than your average teenage boy, I'm quite an old-fashioned girl at heart, and I agree with you. I think my mother ingrained that in me, too. Also, when you're out walking with young kids, if you're the only adult, you walk on the road-side of the pavement while they walk on the inside. I don't understand parents that have kids walking along next to the gutter without holding their hand or anything.

There's a couple in Banff that I have seen on a regular basis taking a baby out of the car after they have parked at the side of the road (which is the main road through Banff) using the door that is on the roadside (rather than the pavement). How unbelievably stupid can you get?

There's a couple in Banff that I have seen on a regular basis taking a baby out of the car after they have parked at the side of the road (which is the main road through Banff) using the door that is on the roadside (rather than the pavement). How unbelievably stupid can you get?

Do they definitely only have the one child? What times of day do you see them?

I only ask because it could be argued that I do this. I keep my baby's car seat on the roadside as I get him in and out every time. My five year old and three year old sit on the other two seats in the back - they both get themselves in and out of the car and so need to be away from the roadside. Of course, I don't go moving all the car seats every time the older two are away from me, whether that's at school and playgroup or away at their dad's for the weekend. To some it could look like I just have the one child and put him in danger.

Do they definitely only have the one child? What times of day do you see them?

I only ask because it could be argued that I do this. I keep my baby's car seat on the roadside as I get him in and out every time. My five year old and three year old sit on the other two seats in the back - they both get themselves in and out of the car and so need to be away from the roadside. Of course, I don't go moving all the car seats every time the older two are away from me, whether that's at school and playgroup or away at their dad's for the weekend. To some it could look like I just have the one child and put him in danger.

I see your point, but what's stopping them let the other children (who I've never seen, but let's assume they do have) out first and then lean across and take the baby out on the pavement side? This road is extremely busy, a main bus route, lorries and tractors probably make up a third of the traffic that goes past. It's ridiculously stupid.

:lol::lol::lol: It stopped raining herre. We had it this morning. :D

Its not raining here at the moment, but it looks wet and changable...there will probably be a bit of wind too. :( I gotta walk to my mates house in a couple hours, so I have to hope that it doesnt start raining again.

Despite my being louder than your average teenage boy, I'm quite an old-fashioned girl at heart, and I agree with you. I think my mother ingrained that in me, too. Also, when you're out walking with young kids, if you're the only adult, you walk on the road-side of the pavement while they walk on the inside. I don't understand parents that have kids walking along next to the gutter without holding their hand or anything.

You know what's worse. Women that hang the weels of the buggie off the end of the pavement at traffic lights when there are cars going past. :angry: