Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
By this logic no one can say that they don’t like something unless they’ve tried every single variant of it.

A bit like you with coffee and tea then.

Are you saying that I need to try every single type of tea and coffee before deciding I don't like them?

That would take a very long time and that amount of caffeine sounds lethal.

It simply isn't feasible. A ludicrous suggestion.

Edited by DA Baracus

Are you saying that I need to try every single type of tea and coffee before deciding I don't like them?
Actually I demand this happen.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Actually I demand this happen.

The cost alone makes it impossible.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

In any meal situation, just have whatever the hell you like. Beer, wine, water, coke, mead.... don’t let anyone look down their nose at you. Fcuk em’.

One of the reasons I posted this was that a few years ago, me & the missus’ were on holiday in the USA, and it was a 100F plus day. We’d been out pounding the streets, seeing the sights, and were knackered. We went into a pub, and both of us, had a hankering for a sit down, and a Bud Light with a wedge of lime shoved in. Not our usual beer choice, but in the circumstances, just what we fancied. Four blokes leaning on the bar started giving it the ‘Don’t drink that shit’ patter. Now, to be clear, they weren’t aggresive, but it got right on my tits. If I want a Bud Light, I’ll fcuking well have one. The guys were OK, they just wound me up the wrong way.

38 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

One of the reasons I posted this was that a few years ago, me & the missus’ were on holiday in the USA, and it was a 100F plus day. We’d been out pounding the streets, seeing the sights, and were knackered. We went into a pub, and both of us, had a hankering for a sit down, and a Bud Light with a wedge of lime shoved in. Not our usual beer choice, but in the circumstances, just what we fancied. Four blokes leaning on the bar started giving it the ‘Don’t drink that shit’ patter. Now, to be clear, they weren’t aggresive, but it got right on my tits. If I want a Bud Light, I’ll fcuking well have one. The guys were OK, they just wound me up the wrong way.

Should have had a pint of coke, mate.

After 4 decades of hearing it being used as a noun (eg "that was such fun")

Actually that's not being used as a noun it's just completely incorrect grammar. Such has to be followed by an adjective and a noun e.g. That was such a terrible display that Caldwell should be ashamed. A noun on its own should use so much/many e.g. There are so many jobbers in the squad McCall won't know who to cut first / We've signed so much shite of late it makes me long for Ade Azeez.