Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Listened to the simon ferry podcast interview with jimmy nicholl where he spends about 45 minutes asking about rangers, then quickly mentions raiths cup win against celtic, possibly his greatest achievement in football. Following that up with absolutely no mention of the european run before returning to ask about his stint as assistant at ibrox.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Listened to the simon ferry podcast interview with jimmy nicholl where he spends about 45 minutes asking about rangers, then quickly mentions raiths cup win against celtic, possibly his greatest achievement in football. Following that up with absolutely no mention of the european run before returning to ask about his stint as assistant at ibrox.

This annoyed me even as a "townie" but it does seem to be the way all his interviews go, talk a wee bit about the diddy clubs you played for before Celtic/Rangers, talk about time at Celtic/Rangers for an hour (were the senior pros hard on you? did you get some nights out? What was Burns/McCoist/"Walter" like?) then maybe fit in 5 minutes to talk about the diddy clubs you played for after that. 

4 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Just been into my local Co-op to get some shopping and they were playing Christmas songs. It’s mid November ffs.

It's like they want folk to go mental and blow everyone away with automatic assault rifles.

This annoyed me even as a "townie" but it does seem to be the way all his interviews go, talk a wee bit about the diddy clubs you played for before Celtic/Rangers, talk about time at Celtic/Rangers for an hour (were the senior pros hard on you? did you get some nights out? What was Burns/McCoist/"Walter" like?) then maybe fit in 5 minutes to talk about the diddy clubs you played for after that. 

I had only listened to the tam and stuart one because it’s mentioned on here in the off the ball thread. Had a flick through to see what other people he had interviewed and seen nicholls name and thought it would be a great insight to his whole career (even the time with Dunfermline and why he went to raith*).
All i heard was ferry fawning about mccoist, smith and sounness.

*On a side note, there have been more players than i thought had made the switch between the two and never really been slated for it given the rivalry, but thats a discussion for another day.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's like they want folk to go mental and blow everyone away with automatic assault rifles.

Image result for falling down

Growing up I thought "good movie".

As an adult I think "now I understand". 

:) 

You just know that whatever kind of glittering career Billy Gilmour has, epl titles, champions league wins, leading Scotland to a world cup finals while bossing the midfield for some major European team, 95% of any interview he does in Scotland will comprise of "tell us about your time at rangers..."

I had only listened to the tam and stuart one because it’s mentioned on here in the off the ball thread. Had a flick through to see what other people he had interviewed and seen nicholls name and thought it would be a great insight to his whole career (even the time with Dunfermline and why he went to raith*).
All i heard was ferry fawning about mccoist, smith and sounness.

*On a side note, there have been more players than i thought had made the switch between the two and never really been slated for it given the rivalry, but thats a discussion for another day.
Jimmy Nicholl is someone I have the utter most respect for in footballing terms. What he did at Raith was incredible and his coaching reputation as an assistant under Calderwood is undervalued. Ask anyone who played at that time, even the current boss how much an influence Nicholl was.

As for other Rovers/Pars off the top of my head, Craig Wilson, Stephen Simmons, Jason Thomson, Craig Dargo and now I'm struggling. Any more? Andy Smith!

As for other Rovers/Pars off the top of my head, Craig Wilson, Stephen Simmons, Jason Thomson, Craig Dargo and now I'm struggling. Any more? Andy Smith!

Guido van de Kamp (I think)
Scott Y Thomson
Nat Wedderburn*
Paul Smith (I think, he was assistant manager there too)
Craig Brewster
Stevie Crawford
Jason Dair
Ewan Murray*
Kevin Nisbet*
Joe Cardle*

The ones with an asterisk made the direct move one way or t'other along the A92, if that's more what you were thinking.

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Jimmy Nicholl is someone I have the utter most respect for in footballing terms. What he did at Raith was incredible and his coaching reputation as an assistant under Calderwood is undervalued. Ask anyone who played at that time, even the current boss how much an influence Nicholl was.

Kevin Nisbet, Stevie Crawford, Scott Thomson, Jason Dair, Craig Brewster, Scott Thomson (your favourite keeper!), Craig Robertson, Marc Miller, Euan Murray, Joe Cardle, Bert Paton, Jean Yves M'Voto, Liam Buchanan, Pat Clarke, Aidan Connolly to name a few!