Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 16/11/2019 at 17:11, GordonD said:

Whoever is responsible for the macros that produce the live text match reports on the BBC website deserves a good kicking. Whenever a penalty is awarded it's described like this:

Penalty Edinburgh City. Blair Henderson draws a foul in the penalty area.

Who the hell uses a phrase like "draws a foul"?

Makes sense to me.

People putting Christmas decorations up already. More of the aforementioned 'look at me' behaviour.

Mentioned to the girlfriend the other night we need to figure out how we’re rearranging the room for the tree going up.

She seemed to take that as the tree was going up at that exact moment.

Thankfully my tree is hidden in my mums attic, following last years antics where she put it up just after bonfire night.

22 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Especially those with kids. Why would you want your children hyper for longer than necessary?

Couple days before Xmas and down on Boxing Day. I can’t be arsed with them 🙈

Posted on Facebook (not by me):

I don't normally post much on Facebook and rarely ask for help. But my gorgeous dog has just had to have a pacemaker fitted and I'm really struggling to fund the £5,000 it is likely to cost, as her insurance won't cover it.
We would really appreciate it if you could share her fundraiser as widely as possible, and if anyone was able to donate, we will love and appreciate you forever.

Now, I love dugs, but...

f**k right off.

Edited by paranoid android

I don't normally post much on Facebook and rarely ask for help. But my gorgeous dog has just had to have a pacemaker fitted and I'm really struggling to fund the £5,000 it is likely to cost, as her insurance won't cover it.
We would really appreciate it if you could share her fundraiser as widely as possible, and if anyone was able to donate, we will love and appreciate you forever.

Now, I love dugs, but...
f**k right off.
Aye get that to f**k. "Insurance won't cover it" code for 'We didn't take out insurance for our beloved dog and need strangers to help pay for the treatment.

21 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Now, I love dugs, but...

f**k right off.

Give her half a slab to fűck it over the head with.

People putting Christmas decorations up already. More of the aforementioned 'look at me' behaviour.
It's completely counter productive if these c***s think that they love Christmas and everything that surrounds it.

All it does is piss people off and make them more scroogey.

I genuinely like Christmas but it can f**k right off until December 1st at the earliest.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Now, I love dugs, but...

f**k right off.

@SlipperyP

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's completely counter productive if these c***s think that they love Christmas and everything that surrounds it.

All it does is piss people off and make them more scroogey.

I genuinely like Christmas but it can f**k right off until December 1st at the earliest.

Full agreement. People have accused me of hating Christmas when I really don't. I'm just not ready to start celebrating in October and by mid-December, I'm sick to death of it.

Especially those with kids. Why would you want your children hyper for longer than necessary?

My wife is awful for this. About a week and a half ago, it think it was, there was a tiny covering of snow in the morning when we woke up. Our 4 year old had looked out the window in a room and spotted it. He darts out of the room races down the starts shouting that it’s Christmas and he was fully expecting presents to be under the non existent Christmas Tree.

It was quite funny to see and hear but it’s also pissing me off so much as she has gotten him to be buzzing for Christmas and 2 months in advance.

20 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

20 hours ago, RH33 said:

Couple days before Xmas and down on Boxing Day. I can’t be arsed with them 🙈

Are you talking about your children or the tree?

On 18/11/2019 at 12:29, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They make them smaller than they used to, I swear. That, and the cardboard is thinner now, so it doesn't hold together as well.

This is real nursing home chat, isn't it?

"Would you like a rug over your knees Mr Dave?"