Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I've just watched a video of people writing dumb shit in tweets. Which leads me to this:

People that think "Ovary act" or "80HD" is the correct term, and not "over react" or "ADHD" amongst similar kind of things (eg "Lack toast and tolerant")

How? How do people get through life thinking any of those makes any sense? What do they think they mean?!

Just tell them to 'cough and dye.

All of this is correct, with the exception that if my wife wanted to try a wee bit, I'd allow it, and she always offers to let me try whatever she is having even if we are just having our own meals.

And now that I am typing this, I can think of at least one of my mates with whom our relationship is such that it would be of no shock value for him to say, that looks good gies a bit. However, he would also offer.

What is all this madness? Surely if it was going to be a buffet style shared platter you'd all agree on that beforehand, otherwise, what everyone orders is their own. If I've got a massive portion (hi Kenneth) I'll offer some but if anyone asked for a bit they'd be getting the evil eye. I wouldn't dream of asking someone for some of their dinner. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

All of this is correct, with the exception that if my wife wanted to try a wee bit, I'd allow it, and she always offers to let me try whatever she is having even if we are just having our own meals.

And now that I am typing this, I can think of at least one of my mates with whom our relationship is such that it would be of no shock value for him to say, that looks good gies a bit. However, he would also offer.

Aye the wife and kids would get a free pass but anyone else can GTF. 

What is all this madness? Surely if it was going to be a buffet style shared platter you'd all agree on that beforehand, otherwise, what everyone orders is their own. If I've got a massive portion (hi Kenneth) I'll offer some but if anyone asked for a bit they'd be getting the evil eye. I wouldn't dream of asking someone for some of their dinner. 
It doesn't need to be a giant buffet to agree stuff in advance.

Phrases like 'how many portions of rice will we need' or 'will we get a couple of bags of chicken balls or just one' is surely the norm when there's a family eating?

You have to know roughly how much you're going to eat, and discuss it accordingly.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Phrases like 'how many portions of rice will we need' or 'will we get a couple of bags of chicken balls or just one' is surely the norm when there's a family eating?

You have to know roughly how much you're going to eat, and discuss it accordingly.

Who knew ordering a takeaway at your house would need a focus group?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

All of this is correct, with the exception that if my wife wanted to try a wee bit, I'd allow it, and she always offers to let me try whatever she is having even if we are just having our own.

Your sex life sounds in good form

6 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Then it was deliberate and totally uncalled for, they need called out on this, a family meeting, telts dished out and If it means an early exit from their home so be it. You’re too trustworthy, that’s your problem 

Nah. It’s already gone way beyond that. At the very least, a strongly worded letter from Throbber’s solicitors is called for. Demanding compensation for distress , pain and suffering. If Leslie Deans is involved that’s gotta be .....oooooh....let’s see..... eight million quid sounds about right. Plus the fiver that Throbber chucked in to the kitty. 

Just now, pandarilla said:
1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Who knew ordering a takeaway at your house would need a focus group?

Or just standard communication - you old selfish b*****d.

If I start communicating now it'll set all kinds of precedents. It's better the way it is.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yes but there’s a big difference between ordering a couple of extra portions of rice or chicken balls, and just helping yourself to main courses other people have ordered. Unless you’ve said in advance let’s all order different stuff and share, then your meal is your meal and fingers should be lost for anyone trying to pilfer. 

11 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Yes but there’s a big difference between ordering a couple of extra portions of rice or chicken balls, and just helping yourself to main courses other people have ordered. Unless you’ve said in advance let’s all order different stuff and share, then your meal is your meal and fingers should be lost for anyone trying to pilfer. 

100% this.

I can't believe this is not only up for discussion, but being called out as odd behaviour.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

100% this.

I can't believe this is not only up for discussion, but being called out as odd behaviour.

No one that I have seen is advocating just tearing into someone elses Dinner

All anyone is talking about is that when they get a chinese with a few folk they do it that way. In my experience as a worldly wise participant in both methods, it's always understood what's going to happen before hand, since everyone is a functioning adult that can communicate. 

38 minutes ago, A96 said:

Nah. It’s already gone way beyond that. At the very least, a strongly worded letter from Throbber’s solicitors is called for. Demanding compensation for distress , pain and suffering. If Leslie Deans is involved that’s gotta be .....oooooh....let’s see..... eight million quid sounds about right. Plus the fiver that Throbber chucked in to the kitty. 

It looks like it’s been decided already, he’s going to kick off in the car and make the journey home miserable for his beloved 

3 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I wasn’t an only child, nor was I the oldest,  it was kill or be killed at meal times. All my mother taught me was better luck next time 

Admit it, you were the Horace Broon of the Heed family! :P