Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My astra's not gash. :P Apart from trying to go up a hill in heavy snow when it's windy.

Ahem, Im a former Astra owner, and they are indeed, gash! I tried to take it up Dollar Glen for a barbeque last spring....5 of us in the car and some supplies in the boot, and it couldnt go up the hill to the car park! The car in front of me had no such problems, and I reckon my current Polo could make it...but I had to make everyone else get out and walk the rest of the way.

I ended up wraping that metro round a lamp post in Lower Methil now that I think of it. Fractured my femur in two places and had to be cut out of the wreckage...

Metros, now they really were gash and it would not take much to wrap themselves around anything.

I am loving this talk of retro cars though, Astra's, Micra's and Metro's - all good stuff. :D

Fifepup came to see me in hospital when I was away with it on morphine. I claimed that trolls had crashed my car and everything.

You would think coming from Methilhill, I would have a tolerance for morphine as well :lol:

I always wanted an XR3. That or a Peugeot 205 GTi.

My mate had one about fourth hand by the time he got it. He thought it was very cool. I commented on the throaty exhaust and he says: " Aye it's a racing exhaust, so it's supposed to sound like that". Two weeks later the exhaust fell off, riddled with rust it was. :lol:

Having heard many good things about the Italian Kitchen in the Merchant City we went there for dinner tonight and the food was dire and service slow and sloppy.

I hope you didn't pay! Never pay for poor food and/or service! You've eaten it, they can't take it back! ;)

I hope you didn't pay! Never pay for poor food and/or service! You've eaten it, they can't take it back! ;)

I will quite happily give the restaraunt back their food if they wait twenty hours.