Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Tatty Boabie
Do you look after senile, incontinent, old farts? :unsure: (It's not for me like, I've got this pal............)

:lol:

Not really my field, but I'd look after you mate, or your pal.

Guest The Phoenix
You've got a few good years in you yet :D

Indeed!

Soon to be seen appearing at a five-a-side tournament somewhere in darkest Glasgow. :D

Guest Tatty Boabie
Indeed!

Soon to be seen appearing at a five-a-side tournament somewhere in darkest Glasgow. :D

Ach, the joy of The Seniors Tour. :D

Guest The Phoenix
I can see it now, 'Pheonix mate, do you know where you are?.... Do you know what day it is?.... What did you have for breakfast?....'

I know the answer to all of those. :D

Edit to add: Actually, on reflection I know the answer to two of them, I'm just not sure which two. :(

Edited by The Phoenix

:lol:

The sentence I highlighted genuinely made me snort with laughter for the best part of a minute.

If this isn't a wind up you have got to be careful, she's clearly a fucking nutjob. :lol:

Put it this way, if she'd signed it 'servant of Satan' you wouldn't be replying would you? ;)

Probably, those dirty Satanist girls would be up for anything…

I think I would be only more repulsed if she’d signed it ‘loyal servant of HM the Queen and Glasgow Rangers FC’

Probably, those dirty Satanist girls would be up for anything…

I think I would be only more repulsed if she’d signed it ‘loyal servant of HM the Queen and Glasgow Rangers FC’

I remember one of the regulars on the supporters bus was telling us this story about his 'dilemma' on an away run.

He was talking about this new girl he'd met. It went something like this:

"She's great looking, lovely big tits, great sense of humour. Plus, she's really keen on me"

"So what's the problem?"

"She's a Rangers fan"

Cue much pisstaking. :lol:

Never been so scared in all my life. Left for the Lecht at 8am this morning to meet a couple of pals for a bit of snowboarding. Was a bit windy, but hey ho. The wind calmed down at Aberlour and I thought, hey this wont be so bad after all. Got to Tomintoul and the wind was back up, but still not too bad. On the Cockbridge-Tomintoul road (no, I'm not making these place names up) and the road was pretty clear of snow despite the snow pouring down. Got to about a mile away from the Lecht ski centre, and the snow was unreal, drifting across the road and I could hardly see. There's a big winding hill just before you get to the ski centre and I was thinking I'd have to take a run at it to get up (Astras aren't particularly good in the snow, especially one like mine with wide tyres) and I was getting blown about sideways on the road. Got halfway up the hill and the wheels were spinning and I was slipping. I had to stop halfway up, which I managed and I let the car that was coming down the hill past. I put my handbrake on and I started sliding backwards (does the handbrake not lock the wheels like the footbrake?) so had to keep my foot on the brake to stay still. A Nissan Micra zoomed past me up the hill - a fucking Micra!!! Anyway, my only option was to go backwards which I managed and then a Police Jeep came down the hill. Great, I thought, he'll tell me what to do (I was panicking and didn't know what to do). He told me it'd be better to turn around and go home. So he parked across the middle of the road, blue lights flashing as I did a 103-point-turn on the road. Got going again and made it back to Tomintoul, where there was not a spot of snow on the road. Unbelievable.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm still shaking. :(:lol:

Sounds a bit manic, but at least you made it back in one piece.

What's wrong with Micra's? :lol:

My first car was a Micra and it was great, although it was christened the skip by my mates - not becuase it was was full of rubbish, but becuase it had the aerodynamics of one. Bah. :(

Never been so scared in all my life. Left for the Lecht at 8am this morning to meet a couple of pals for a bit of snowboarding. Was a bit windy, but hey ho. The wind calmed down at Aberlour and I thought, hey this wont be so bad after all. Got to Tomintoul and the wind was back up, but still not too bad. On the Cockbridge-Tomintoul road (no, I'm not making these place names up) and the road was pretty clear of snow despite the snow pouring down. Got to about a mile away from the Lecht ski centre, and the snow was unreal, drifting across the road and I could hardly see. There's a big winding hill just before you get to the ski centre and I was thinking I'd have to take a run at it to get up (Astras aren't particularly good in the snow, especially one like mine with wide tyres) and I was getting blown about sideways on the road. Got halfway up the hill and the wheels were spinning and I was slipping. I had to stop halfway up, which I managed and I let the car that was coming down the hill past. I put my handbrake on and I started sliding backwards (does the handbrake not lock the wheels like the footbrake?) so had to keep my foot on the brake to stay still. A Nissan Micra zoomed past me up the hill - a fucking Micra!!! Anyway, my only option was to go backwards which I managed and then a Police Jeep came down the hill. Great, I thought, he'll tell me what to do (I was panicking and didn't know what to do). He told me it'd be better to turn around and go home. So he parked across the middle of the road, blue lights flashing as I did a 103-point-turn on the road. Got going again and made it back to Tomintoul, where there was not a spot of snow on the road. Unbelievable.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm still shaking. :(:lol:

Not nice, but glad your ok.

Fucking Micras. :lol: I can't believe I got stuck but that little shit of a thing bombed up past me. Grrr!

I'm told it's because it weighs nothing compared to my car and it has thin tyres which cut through the snow more easily.

Fucking Micras. :lol: I can't believe I got stuck but that little shit of a thing bombed up past me. Grrr!

I'm told it's because it weighs nothing compared to my car and it has thin tyres which cut through the snow more easily.

Indeed, once you get the speed up on them they can give most things a run for there money (on snow anyway). ;)

Cheap as chips to run, but not the coolest looking car in the garage.