Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

40 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Saw an article about a Vegan Mince Pie yesterday.

Just let that sink in.

Evening Telegraph reader found. 

Edit : The paper being called "The Evening Telegraph" when it is printed and distributed before 10am in the morning. They only supply one run daily now. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

On 11/01/2021 at 17:26, MixuFruit said:

I got told not to ask such a stupid question when I asked the school careers adviser what job was the most money for the least work and now I wish I'd persisted with that line of questioning.

"School Careers Advisor" must have been close to the top of the list.

Probably just as well it didn't occur to you to say that at the time.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Edit : The paper being called "The Evening Telegraph" when it is printed and distributed before 10am in the morning. They only supply one run daily now. 

£600 for a years subscription apparently.

Bargain to read the musings of Lee Wilkie. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Remember when you used to get people coming in to the pub about shutting time selling tomorrow's papers? We've regressed, we really have.

20 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Right!!! How petty is this? 

To delete voicemail on my phone, I used to have to press three. That was fine. I could cope with that. "Press three to delete" it used to say.

Now I press three to delete to be met with "Press three to confirm".

So now I have to press it twice. How the f**k is that better? :angry:     

It's in case you misplace yer pie fueled sausages fingers mate.

There used to be a guy who did the rounds of the pubs in Dunfermline selling dodgy bootleg DVDs. 

Halcyon days.

When I worked in Iceland in Aberdeen we'd regularly get the police coming in to return a whole load of cheese and meat they'd confiscated from the pub down the road. Local jakeys were stealing it then trying to punt it in the pub.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There used to be a guy who did the rounds of the pubs in Dunfermline selling dodgy bootleg DVDs. 

Halcyon days.

When I worked in Iceland in Aberdeen we'd regularly get the police coming in to return a whole load of cheese and meat they'd confiscated from the pub down the road. Local jakeys were stealing it then trying to punt it in the pub.

On thinks that used to happen in pubs.. just remembered the other day my long-gone local would bring round corned beef sandwiches late at night. It had no regard for licensing laws so you could head round for a pint and a sandwich after getting home from a night out.