Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

31 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

No, it'll be "'shecko", and the murder culpable homicide of her mother may become a testing phase of the relationship.

Consider yourself lucky that you never have to go through the game where you get offered “some fizz” then handed a box of alkaseltzer, which was a favourite of my ex’s dad.

I’m not saying it was the main reason we split up, but it was in the top 2.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
Just go to Stirling

Nah, drive to the Falkirk-Stirling DMZ, hand over the package to a Stirling based pal, get him to return it for you, then repeat the process with the £40.

Based on the absence of police within it, I presume this is the hard shoulder of the M9 around Bannockburn?

38 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Consider yourself lucky that you never have to go through the game where you get offered “some fizz” then handed a box of alkaseltzer, which was a favourite of my ex’s dad.

Back in the good old days of 1/2p pieces (yeah, yeah, the stone age), hilarious older folk in the pub used to hand you a 1p and say "get us a couple of haufs".  Hi-lair-ious.

18 hours ago, Gaz said:

Still a different council area.

Not an option as I collected from the store.

Nah I collected from the store.

To be honest what's irritated me more than anything was the staff treating me like I was an idiot for trying to return it. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to return it, so I went to the Argos website, down at the bottom there's a link to Returning an Item section, you click on that and it has the following info:

In Scotland - from Tuesday 5 January, items can be returned to an Argos store within a Sainsbury's supermarket, or our Stornoway store, whilst picking up essential shopping.

For more information about returns, including our extended returns policy and returning Tu clothing, see below.

And then you scroll down to Faulty Items and it does state: "If you do need to return an item, you can take it to any Argos store or Argos store within a Sainsbury's supermarket."

But it turns out there's an updated Coronavirus guidance section (which would have been helpful if that's what had been linked to) which makes no mention of returns.

I'm lucky in that it's only £40, which isn't going to break the bank to my wife and I, but if that had been something that cost a lot of money to a family less comfortable than us that's a major issue.

I would just go to Stornoway. Be as well being hung for a sheep than a lamb 

3 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

What is this nanny state pish my phone is coming out with? Wasn’t Brexit meant to stop this kind of thing?

4FC542EE-C369-4A8D-BF65-334E780E327E.jpeg

Clearly a very smart phone, it just knows that if anyone can injure themselves doing that, It'll be you.

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

What is this nanny state pish my phone is coming out with? Wasn’t Brexit meant to stop this kind of thing?

Has a wife and kids, has the dog as his wallpaper, good man Shandon!

I'm sure I'm mentioned this before in this thread but Scottish tabloids declaring if someone is a Celtic or Rangers fan in stories where it has absolutely no relevance to the story, doubly annoying when the "Celtic/Rangers daft" person is from nowhere near Glasgow

18 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Has a wife and kids, has the dog as his wallpaper, good man Shandon!

I'm sure I'm mentioned this before in this thread but Scottish tabloids declaring if someone is a Celtic or Rangers fan in stories where it has absolutely no relevance to the story, doubly annoying when the "Celtic/Rangers daft" person is from nowhere near Glasgow

Love that dog. We’re about to have a shower together. 

Back in the good old days of 1/2p pieces (yeah, yeah, the stone age), hilarious older folk in the pub used to hand you a 1p and say "get us a couple of haufs".  Hi-lair-ious.
December 1984 was when the half pence stopped. ........ probably to stop that "couple of haufs" joke.

4FC542EE-C369-4A8D-BF65-334E780E327E.thumb.jpeg.2c824c857b5edfcaed73d5836c07e5de.jpeg

This gets on my nerves. I have a Bluetooth speaker I use for audio books and this happens regularly. F*****g irritating.

5 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

It’s a smart phone. It recognises your taste in music is utter shite and is trying to cure you. 

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
9 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

December 1984 was when the half pence stopped. ........ probably to stop that "couple of haufs" joke.

The only thing you could buy with a ha'penny when I was young was a mojo chew

ETA: a mojo chew was a sweetie not some kind of sexual act. 

Edited by tamthebam

A week into the new year and the youngest needs his bedroom done up and we have just found a leak in the bathroom coming into downstairs that requires the whole bathroom to be ripped up.

Eta: the source of this was due to water trickling down the side of the bathtub because the kids leave the shower curtain hanging over and the caulk had come away that joins the floor and the bath. Despite me realising this, mrs b (who is nightshift just now) insisted that i check the sink that i fixed a few weeks ago. Having reiterated to her again and again that the ubend at the back of the sink was dry, she still insisted that i should be checking it and the plumber says it will be that. Aye, but the plumber isn’t here is he? And i have checked it, something which, for f**k knows reason why. She is deciding to overlook.

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

A week into the new year and the youngest needs his bedroom done up and we have just found a leak in the bathroom coming into downstairs that requires the whole bathroom to be ripped up.

If there's a leak can it be repaired from below? Or are there not panels that can be opened?

Edited by Quiet Riot

If there's a leak can it be repaired from below? Or are there not panels that can be opened?

The waters got down the side of the bath due to the shower curtain. It’s leaked into a bit where the sealant had came away and basically soaked the underflooring.

Will probably actually just be the flooring and panels replaced, but its a pain and i am shit at diy.

8 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

The waters got down the side of the bath due to the shower curtain. It’s leaked into a bit where the sealant had came away and basically soaked the underflooring.

Will probably actually just be the flooring and panels replaced, but its a pain and i am shit at diy.

I wouldn't rush into replacing the floor unless you know it's rotten. If it hasn't been damp too long it's probably still sound. Seal the bath then take the bath panel off and let the flooring dry out for a bit. 

I wouldn't rush into replacing the floor unless you know it's rotten. If it hasn't been damp too long it's probably still sound. Seal the bath then take the bath panel off and let the flooring dry out for a bit. 

Its hardboard stuff underneath, and thats no going to dry out. Hopefully the wooden floor under that dries out. We still (i think) have panels up the attic to replace on the bathtub. Not sure we have the lino to replace the stuff that was there.

The water that was showing up downstairs seems to have dried up, which i suppose is a good thing.

55 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Its hardboard stuff underneath, and thats no going to dry out. Hopefully the wooden floor under that dries out. We still (i think) have panels up the attic to replace on the bathtub. Not sure we have the lino to replace the stuff that was there.

The water that was showing up downstairs seems to have dried up, which i suppose is a good thing.

I'd get professionals in to look at that - damp left untreated under a bath can lead to all kinds of problems in the future. 

Also check your home insurance - you might be covered for that kind of damage.

10 hours ago, buchan30 said:

the ubend at the back of the sink was dry, she still insisted that i should be checking it and the plumber says it will be that.

Well, of course he says it'll be that. That way he can charge you for replacing it whether it needs it or not.