Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Put into lockdown for at least the rest of the month. 2 hours later work sends me new sales targets - 12% up on last year. Tempted to reply - "LOL"

We got our 2020/21 targets last January - 60% increase in sales required from our department, as the board are utterly fecking useless at raising funds elsewhere, so we were to make up the difference on what they'd lost. When lockdown started at the end of March, there was a general feeling of 'phew', as there was no way they'd expect us to keep the same unachievable target after closing for three months, and having sales unavoidably affected by Covid even after that.

They certainly didn't - they increased our target by 100%, as they hadn't made any money during lockdown, so we'd have to make up for it. Oh, and we were the only ones on furlough - everyone else was on at full pay, despite doing absolutely hee-haw from April to July.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Talking of shin based injuries, I very painfully put an actual dent in to mine earlier

20210104_150018.thumb.jpg.253802fd2a5e6e6d27afab9185d06abb.jpg

Not the best picture but there's an actual indent in the shin now.

I dented my shin playing cricket about 18 months ago (I got lazy while fielding and tried to stop the ball with my feet, it popped up and smacked my shin), it's still dented now, and occasionally hurts when I run.

46 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I dented my shin playing cricket about 18 months ago (I got lazy while fielding and tried to stop the ball with my feet, it popped up and smacked my shin), it's still dented now, and occasionally hurts when I run.

Deserved for playing a silly nonsense like cricket IMO.

Edited by 8MileBU

12 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Put into lockdown for at least the rest of the month. 2 hours later work sends me new sales targets - 12% up on last year. Tempted to reply - "LOL"

The sort of people who make such decisions are idiots and were never going to demand anything other than an increase. They just can't contemplate anything other in their small minds. They probably need to demand an increase to validate their position, both to their bosses and themselves.

Anyway, f**k capitalism. 

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

We got our 2020/21 targets last January - 60% increase in sales required from our department, as the board are utterly fecking useless at raising funds elsewhere, so we were to make up the difference on what they'd lost. When lockdown started at the end of March, there was a general feeling of 'phew', as there was no way they'd expect us to keep the same unachievable target after closing for three months, and having sales unavoidably affected by Covid even after that.

They certainly didn't - they increased our target by 100%, as they hadn't made any money during lockdown, so we'd have to make up for it. Oh, and we were the only ones on furlough - everyone else was on at full pay, despite doing absolutely hee-haw from April to July.

The 12% in the last post is a lower figure to try and seem reasonable, even though it isn't.

The figures your joke lot are demanding don't even attempt to seem reasonable. Sounds like the classic 'setting folk up to fail' nonsense here, i.e. once a load of you can't make a comically unreasonable figure, they will claim to have reason to punt you all. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The 12% in the last post is a lower figure to try and seem reasonable, even though it isn't.

The figures your joke lot are demanding don't even attempt to seem reasonable. Sounds like the classic 'setting folk up to fail' nonsense here, i.e. once a load of you can't make a comically unreasonable figure, they will claim to have reason to punt you all. 

Yeah, that's what I used to think too. I've been waiting for the axe to fall for more than a year. It doesn't help that we regularly get statements like, "if you're not on line to meet your targets within 2 months, we're going to close all the outlets and turn them into art installations"  :1eye

Having spoken to outside contractors and service providers who've had to deal with our board, it seems like they genuinely don't have a clue what they're doing, and have developed a Dunning-Kruger mentality which leads them to think they're the only ones who do. I'm told that, in the sector, we're well known as being one of the poorest performing, yet upper management brag about having instituted the best procedures in the industry. They were recently kicked out of a standards organisation because they were unwilling to meet their incredibly low-bar standards, as it meant we wouldn't be able to sell damaged or dangerous goods for a few quid here and there. Literally, a few quid.

People who've been with them longer than me say that they've been like this for about five years, so they've just gotten used to it and don't pay attention. I'm starting to get that way myself, as I've seen enough stupid threats and ludicrous targets that weren't met, with no consequences whatsoever. The simple fact is that they need us, and the money we bring in, but the only tool they know how to use is the stick. Never any suggestions about how to improve, because they don't know, just "make us more money, or else". I suppose there's a certain freedom in that?  :lol:

since new year the landline is getting bombarded (multiple calls every day, weekday or weekend, doesn't matter), don't know if its the vaccine getting approved and some scam along those lines or that folk know there's an increase in working from home = more chance of someone picking up the phone

irritating. any weird area codes/random totally unrecognised mobile numbers/unavailable/international calls are getting patched. anything with a code beginning like 024, 021 etc. 

Something I've noticed lately about online Tesco grocery orders...

You order, say, 24 items for delivery a week in advance. A few days before the order's due to arrive, you think of a few more things to add, so you go on to the website to update your order. As soon as you click 'Make Changes', the website tells you that 6 of the items that were part of the original order are now out of stock, so if you change the order they'll be removed. So you cancel the changes and figure you'll just pick up the extra items at the brick & mortar store. Your order arrives, and is complete with all of the items that had been out of stock.

WTF is this all about?

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

You order, say, 24 items for delivery a week in advance. A few days before the order's due to arrive, you think of a few more things to add, so you go on to the website to update your order. As soon as you click 'Make Changes', the website tells you that 6 of the items that were part of the original order are now out of stock, so if you change the order they'll be removed. So you cancel the changes and figure you'll just pick up the extra items at the brick & mortar store. Your order arrives, and is complete with all of the items that had been out of stock.

WTF is this all about?

You’re on some kind of watch list.

5 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Well, yes, but it's only started happening recently. I should have been on several watch lists for yeeeeears by now.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

WTF is this all about?

49 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

I now offer a sacrifice to the NHS every week last week was a gerbil this week is Dave, 45.

RIP, @BFTD