Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Not according to the staff at the store, and the guy I spoke to in their customer service department on the phone confirmed that my two choices were holding onto it for an indefinite amount of time, or breaking the law by travelling outwith Falkirk.

Tell them they're breaking the law by selling you goods not fit for purpose. Then make a fuss - shout for the manager.

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Not according to the staff at the store, and the guy I spoke to in their customer service department on the phone confirmed that my two choices were holding onto it for an indefinite amount of time, or breaking the law by travelling outwith Falkirk.

So can you hold onto it for a year and then return it? If not they're being unbelievably cunty about it, if not illegal. The have to offer a legal way for you to return faulty goods I'd have thought, even if you had to pay the postage up front and wait for the repayment. I'd be tempted to phone the citizens advice bureau or someone, just for the principle of the thing. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

So can you hold onto it for a year and then return it? If not they're being unbelievably cunty about it, if not illegal. The have to offer a legal way for you to return faulty goods I'd have thought, even if you had to pay the postage up front and wait for the repayment. I'd be tempted to phone the citizens advice bureau or someone, just for the principle of the thing. 

In theory, yes. I can hold onto it for an indefinite period of time until they allow in-store returns or I until am allowed to travel to another council area, all the while remaining £40 out of pocket.

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

And how will he explain this at the numerous armed checkpoints he'll need to pass through on his journey?

He could (legitimately) arrange to view a property for sale in Stirling - ideally close to Sainsburys and then just pop in while he's there.

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

I bought a faulty item from Argos on Monday night. Their policy is that items can only be returned to an Argos within a Sainsbury's, which there isn't in Falkirk. So I have the choice of being £40 out of pocket for an indefinite period of time or breaking the law by travelling to Stirling.

Larbert one does Argos stuff

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

In theory, yes. I can hold onto it for an indefinite period of time until they allow in-store returns or I until am allowed to travel to another council area, all the while remaining £40 out of pocket.

Ask them if they'll be paying interest on the forty quid.

13 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Brexit is bad enough but pronouncing it as "Breggsit" is even worse.

It should result in immediate deportation from Are Country. 

I've just had to endure the annual "pro-shecko" fest from my (unofficial) mother-in-law over the Christmas period.  Grinds my gears, but what makes it more annoying is that I know it's in the pipeline in any situation where prosecco might make an appearance.

It's got to the point where my other half has started to secretly squeeze by hand under the table to keep the rage held within.  She's gradually catching the rage from me.

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've just had to endure the annual "pro-shecko" fest from my (unofficial) mother-in-law over the Christmas period.  Grinds my gears, but what makes it more annoying is that I know it's in the pipeline in any situation where prosecco might make an appearance.

It's got to the point where my other half has started to secretly squeeze by hand under the table to keep the rage held within.  She's gradually catching the rage from me.

Just wait until it starts being shortened to "secco". 

angry simon cowell GIF

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

No, it'll be "'shecko", and the murder culpable homicide of her mother may become a testing phase of the relationship.

Have you ever cons(h)idered that your mother in law may, in fact, be Sean Connery? 

Shecky-skhecky-drink-drink.

That Argos thing is shite and I can't see Trading Standards being too chuffed with the whole can't-return-goods-where-you-bought-them farrago.