Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And lowered...

Harrumph!   While we are discussing aberrant pronunciations of words, spare a thought for non-home counties types trying to do the Guardian crossword.

Friday clue:  Deserve Ashes trophy, did you say?

Answer:  Earn

Sunday clue: Complain audibly, except where drinks are served.

Answer:  Wine Bar

This is unfair to those of us who speak normally For example, those of us who pronounce pork as pawrk!

On 06/07/2023 at 07:44, Stellaboz said:

Anyone else remember those awful car alarms that had a voice warning before the alarm went off? w**k AF

In the Nineties, Securicor (I think) had alarms on their vehicles that would issue a stern ED-209 style warning if people got within a few feet, saying their rent-a-cops were allowed to use force to move them (eh, no they weren't).

Bit of a joke when they parked on the pavement outside a bank and the thing was constantly going off 'til they got back, with no sign of any shoppers getting huckled.

On 03/07/2023 at 09:34, jimbaxters said:

Inane chatter. Just spent the drive in to work with two women in the car talking utter nonsense. Honestly don't know where they get it from. Ranged from tomato plants on a balcony to "snuggling in" instead of going out on Saturday night. Never been more pleased to reach my work.

This morning's mince included how one colleague has started feeding a stray cat and over the weekend it started coming in to her bed with her at night.

Again, this is a STRAY cat. I'm shampooing the seat of my car.

Got 3/4's of the way to bus stop after work and realised I had left my keys in my locker lock. A rapid about turn in the pissing rain. Not amused but all my own fault. Still a pttgoyn though.

Edited by superwell87
typo

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

This morning's mince included how one colleague has started feeding a stray cat and over the weekend it started coming in to her bed with her at night.

Again, this is a STRAY cat. I'm shampooing the seat of my car.

I find males equally capable of talking utter shite. Possibly even more than women. 

Probably why I enjoy my own company. 

32 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Found out the other day that ryme is about some old guy bitd falling off his horse then getting smashed to bits in a battle. The Wall was the name of his horse.

Well , that would get on anyone’s nerves

People whose voice goes up at the end of sentences? As if they're asking a question? Really annoying? Just been listening to someone on Radio Ulster going on like a 5 year old asking questions. Coupled with a south eastern England accent that could have done with a translation.

I've probably been over here too long...

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

People whose voice goes up at the end of sentences? As if they're asking a question? Really annoying? Just been listening to someone on Radio Ulster going on like a 5 year old asking questions. Coupled with a south eastern England accent that could have done with a translation.

Australians make every sentence a question. 

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Don't ever go to New Zealand.

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You're no a real Aussie though! 

Aw c’mon, fair suck of the sav, cobber! I’ve got a piece of paper says I am. Conned them though as I ticked the do you like vegemite box.

14 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Aw c’mon, fair suck of the sav, cobber! I’ve got a piece of paper says I am. Conned them though as I ticked the do you like vegemite box.

You can take the man out of Dundee, but....

4 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Found out the other day that ryme is about some old guy bitd falling off his horse then getting smashed to bits in a battle. The Wall was the name of his horse.

Another theory is that it was actually about a cannon used during the English civil war.