Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Medicine can be pricey i.e. $100 for a 14-day course of antibiotics.  Many cannot afford it so will buy only half what they need (false economy I know).  

How can it be legal to buy half a course of antibiotics, is your government trying to create a drug resistant superbug?

Just now, 101 said:

How can it be legal to buy half a course of antibiotics, is your government trying to create a drug resistant superbug?

It's the Philippines - many people simply cannot afford to pay for the whole course at once and at best they will buy enough for a few days and then another few days and so on until they complete the course.  That's at best but most will simply buy what they can afford which won't be the whole course.  Bear in mind the average weekly wage is around £80 a week so a course of antibiotics would wipe that out in a oner. 

Needs must.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

It's the Philippines - many people simply cannot afford to pay for the whole course at once and at best they will buy enough for a few days and then another few days and so on until they complete the course.  That's at best but most will simply buy what they can afford which won't be the whole course.  Bear in mind the average weekly wage is around £80 a week so a course of antibiotics would wipe that out in a oner. 

Needs must.

Short sighted by the government then, they absolutely should be subsidising antibiotics to make sure people complete their courses, the financial hit of not doing that will increase the cost of antibiotics in the long run and eventually make COVID look like a picnic.

Presumably it's like here where folk "need" antibiotics for a cold or any other basic ailment? Morons of the highest order.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

Short sighted by the government then, they absolutely should be subsidising antibiotics to make sure people complete their courses, the financial hit of not doing that will increase the cost of antibiotics in the long run and eventually make COVID look like a picnic.

Presumably it's like here where folk "need" antibiotics for a cold or any other basic ailment? Morons of the highest order.

Nope, it's not like the UK for the simple reason doctors are not free nor is the medicine as we know.  People go to the docs when they have to and buy whatever medicine they can afford to. 

As to the government subsidising antibiotics - the Philippines is a developing country and doesn't work the way the UK does.  In an ideal world...

Last time I needed an appointment for the child she got a callback half an hour later (which was kinda pointless imo but probably their protocols) and then an appointment made also for the same day. Last time I need an appointment for me? 4 weeks.

Receptionist asks me if it's an emergency. idk, kinda why I'm phoning to see someone tbh, half of google is telling me I've got a brain tumor or had a heart attack.

I did like the new screen sign in though. Enter DOB, select your name, done, no need to talk to the nosy cow.

I once had an argument (I was shitstirring to be honest) with the wimminfolk at work who seemed to get doctor's appointments easily enough whereas I always tended to end up waiting weeks

"Aye, try being a man. I mean how many chaps do you actually see in the surgery waiting when you go, eh? We're just expected to snuff it quietly with the minimum of fuss.."

14 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Last time I needed an appointment for the child she got a callback half an hour later (which was kinda pointless imo but probably their protocols) and then an appointment made also for the same day. Last time I need an appointment for me? 4 weeks.

Receptionist asks me if it's an emergency. idk, kinda why I'm phoning to see someone tbh, half of google is telling me I've got a brain tumor or had a heart attack.

I did like the new screen sign in though. Enter DOB, select your name, done, no need to talk to the nosy cow.

This is a brilliant question on their part. If you say yes, they can tell you that you should be phoning 999 or 111 instead. If you say no, they can tell you to try again later.

Genius way to avoid work

People who don't understand two bookings being a sending off. Lots of times people moan the second booking didn't deserve a red, it doesn't have to it's an accumulation of two yellows that equal the red.

27 minutes ago, thomas said:

People who don't understand two bookings being a sending off. Lots of times people moan the second booking didn't deserve a red, it doesn't have to it's an accumulation of two yellows that equal the red.

I've never met anyone who didn't know that, and I know some really stupid people.

It's nearly as infuriating as the number of times a player who is already on a yellow hoofs an opponent up in the air, and the ref gives them a talking to because 'he doesn't want to send them off'. Refs wants shouldn't come in to it. 

Distinctly remember Bobo Balde scything a player down at Dens when he was the only Celtic player between the Dundee player and the Celtic Keeper. Result? yup, a 'warning'.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've never met anyone who didn't know that, and I know some really stupid people.

I've probably not worded it right tbh. It's not them not knowing two yellows equal a red, more complaining the second foul shouldn't have been a red when it wasn't it was a yellow.

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

I've probably not worded it right tbh. It's not them not knowing two yellows equal a red, more complaining the second foul shouldn't have been a red when it wasn't it was a yellow.

In a case like that, doesn't the ref show a yellow card first and then the red to show that it's for a second bookable offence?

On 04/08/2023 at 14:01, virginton said:

The system still revolves solely around the handful of coffin dodgers who have nothing else to do with their time and would have a second coronary at the idea of using an online booking system. It's the archetype of why this country is such a fucking binfire.

You’re just raging as you failed to get a dentist appointment when you’re cemetery of a mouth could still have been sorted. Nae lucks. 

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

In a case like that, doesn't the ref show a yellow card first and then the red to show that it's for a second bookable offence?

Yes that's is exactly what happens but some people moan that the offence wasn't worth a red, they can't grasp that the red has come about due to the accumulation of two yellows and not just the last one.

My GP is usually pretty good but can often be a pain to get an appointment since they too have moved to the pish model of having to phone at 08.00 to try and get an appointment for that day. If you aren't fortunate enough to get through then tough fucking luck, try again tomorrow.

There have been occasions where I've tried calling literally over 100 times and kept getting the engaged tone. There's times when I've finally gotten through only to be told there are no appointments left and phone back tomorrow. You can even book an appointment for any time in the future, it's either that day or nothing.

Last week though I had a really good experience. Called up and got through to the queue right away (I started at number 22 in the queue). By the time one of the receptionists spoke to me she told me they only had phone appointments available (basically the GP calls you back whenever they have time, which could be any time that day).

I got a call back later that morning but the GP had gotten one of the medical students on placement to do it. Thankfully she was quite good and relayed everything to the GP, after which I was told they'd call back in a bit. The student called me back a few minuted later to say I was to in that afternoon.

I went along thar afternoon and the practice nurse saw me within a couple of minutes. She did and ECG, took my blood pressure and took three vials of blood. Then the GP saw me. He read the ECG printout (it was fine thankfully, as was the blood pressure) then used the old stethoscope. He seemed fine with what he heard but recommended I get a chest x-ray just to be sure of things. He said I could fire up the road to King's Cross hospital as they do walk ins for x-rays now. So I fired up (10 minute walk) and had been sitting in the waiting room for about 30 seconds when they called me. Took about 60 seconds to do the x-ray and that was me done. All very efficient, save for the result which I have to wait about 10 days for they said.

12 hours ago, thomas said:

Yes that's is exactly what happens but some people moan that the offence wasn't worth a red, they can't grasp that the red has come about due to the accumulation of two yellows and not just the last one.

I think everyone perfectly understands the system of yellow + yellow = red but at the same time surely most fans recognise that refs might be more circumspect when issuing a 2nd yellow if the 2nd offence is a little innocuous.  That's not to say a blatant offence shouldn't get a 2nd yellow and most of the time gets it.