Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Used NWA’s music to prep for meetings when I was a Stop Steward. Rolling into the facility bumping “F**k tha Police” or something else from Straight Outta Compton always got me in the correct mindset for dealing with management stupidity.

What about this one? 

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Used NWA’s music to prep for meetings when I was a Stop Steward. Rolling into the facility bumping “F**k tha Police” or something else from Straight Outta Compton always got me in the correct mindset for dealing with management stupidity.

I ruined Public Enemy by using it for work. 

Had to memorise a load of case law for exams and had read that setting facts to music you liked helped recall. For a while there, the first few lines if Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos became a summary of the key facts from Gardner, Mountain and D'ambrumenil. Fortunately i no longer need to know nor care about those facts, so it's back to saying they were suckers. 

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

Pre-Match pints yesterday in Biddy Milligan's in The Grassmarket and they now have a 2% service charge.

Not sure if this is just a "Festival" thing or the way ahead.

How does that work when you order at the bar and pay cash as you get the drinks?

10 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

How does that work when you order at the bar and pay cash as you get the drinks?

Four pints of T, £5.50 each, I paid £22.44 at the bar.

They provide no service at all.

Just another way to fleece us mugs!

59 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Four pints of T, £5.50 each, I paid £22.44 at the bar.

They provide no service at all.

Just another way to fleece us mugs!

Ask them how much if you pour the pints yourself.

7 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

PR Agents who get their 'celebrity' clients onto the front pages of the media as newsworthy stories. Today, a BBC presenter is leaving her job to look after her kids. Fine, but a major story? Nah.

Isn't she the one who said she only went on Strictly because she wanted pumped?*

IIRC the actual wording was "to find love" or something like that

35 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Isn't she the one who said she only went on Strictly because she wanted pumped?*

IIRC the actual wording was "to find love" or something like that

That's her. Still, she's well and truly in the BBC bubble do there'll be plenty freelance work to help out.

7 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Pre-Match pints yesterday in Biddy Milligan's in The Grassmarket and they now have a 2% service charge.

Not sure if this is just a "Festival" thing or the way ahead.

There lies your mistake.

£5.50 for a Tennents 😳

The world's fucked.

When the Mrs and I go out there are still places in Dundee where you'll get a pint and a large wine for under a tenner. St Andrews is outrageous, up to £15-odd, but we were also in Biddy's recently and that topped it.

The crazy thing is, we keep hearing pubs can barely survive at these prices.

9 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

£5.50 for a Tennents 😳

The world's fucked.

When the Mrs and I go out there are still places in Dundee where you'll get a pint and a large wine for under a tenner. St Andrews is outrageous, up to £15-odd, but we were also in Biddy's recently and that topped it.

The problem is people drinking in these places that are ripping you off or massive chain pubs like Greene King or Wetherspoons.

12 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

£5.50 for a Tennents 😳

The world's fucked.

Visiting Kinghorn and Burntisland recently I paid £3.90 for a pint of Staropramen, a pint of T was the same price.

c***s that when putting the bin out put it out in such a way that the wheels are balancing right on the edge of the kerb so any slight wind blows the bin onto the road or if they're smart enough to put it near someone's car it hits the car, bonus w****r points if you've seen this happen yet proceed to put your bin out in such a way.

29 minutes ago, Empty It said:

c***s that when putting the bin out put it out in such a way that the wheels are balancing right on the edge of the kerb so any slight wind blows the bin onto the road or if they're smart enough to put it near someone's car it hits the car, bonus w****r points if you've seen this happen yet proceed to put your bin out in such a way.

Our bin men seem to have additional instructions from the Council that they have to use the emptied bins and recycling crates to block the pavements. People using prams, pushchairs and wheelchairs can just GTF apparently.