Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Didn't she take the hint after you told her to f**k off the 1st time? 

56 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Say OK, wander up, take the bag and say lets walk, I  couldn't find the car keys.

I think my suggestion was better. 

20 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

“Does the bairn like Appletise?”

”are blackcurrants the same as brambles”

”should I get you Christmas jammies”

“There’s no croissants, what should I do”

4. Get rowies, obviously.

'Resealable' bags of rice that you open to put some in a bowl to soak, then tip upright to put back in the cupboard, only for hidden grains of rice to then fire themselves out of the bag and scatter over a 5 mile radius. 

Every fucking time. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

'Resealable' bags of rice that you open to put some in a bowl to soak, then tip upright to put back in the cupboard, only for hidden grains of rice to then fire themselves out of the bag and scatter over a 5 mile radius. 

Every fucking time. 

^^^ This. How the fcuk do those grains still ping around everywhere, no matter how careful you are with your rice bag opening and closing technique?

File under - why do USB type cables, or the vacuum cleaner cable, tie themselves in knots?

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Every fucking time. 

See also "easy open" which leaves a bag looking like it was opened by a rottweiler.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See also "easy open" which leaves a bag looking like it was opened by a rottweiler.

And why those damn grip seals? Yea, they close nicely, but then when you try to reopen them, the grip seals holds on so tight you pull the damn thing away from the bag itself, rendering the whole thing useless...so it ends up being rolled over and clipped anyway!

On 02/12/2023 at 14:06, DA Baracus said:

So you would have thought he would take this shit seriously. But we suspect he's not doing do well mentally and worry that he doesn't seek help because of 'dark thoughts'. Also, just found out that he fell on Thursday and took 30 minutes to get up. 

Hate to say it but this is/was also me (although my recent fall only took me about 5 minutes to get up)

Thankfully I'm doing a lot better at asking/getting help which has certainly improved my mental health. Physically still struggling but following doctor's orders, so thinking positive.

Had a long, long chat with one of my stepdaughters about this, apparently, she's been "up to high doh" (or the American equivalent worrying about me) so it's good for me to hear your perspective and maybe appreciate the effect I have on others.

Thanks, min, hopefully things improve.

Edited by Raidernation
ETA: I'm going to be 59 on Monday, so same generation as your old man.

16 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

You mad bro? That wouldn't be good for my health.

Tbf there's usually a bit of bribery involved with a few beers included in the goods.

Oh, I wouldn't say it to my wife but am more than happy to suggest it to others!

14 hours ago, pozbaird said:

^^^ This. How the fcuk do those grains still ping around everywhere, no matter how careful you are with your rice bag opening and closing technique?

File under - why do USB type cables, or the vacuum cleaner cable, tie themselves in knots?

My headphones (old skool with cable) do this but I discovered a life hack (is that what they call it nowadays) and hung them over the banister and let them untangle themselves.  I should really get that on the tik tok. 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

My headphones (old skool with cable) do this but I discovered a life hack (is that what they call it nowadays) and hung them over the banister and let them untangle themselves.  I should really get that on the tik tok. 

I had a strimmer that went on fire and committed harikari during use one time, so I took the bit that the strimmer wire was wrapped around off, and used it from then on to wrap my earphone cable around when not in use instead.  Mrs Ranter was horrified and said I was a pikey, but cable tangle annoyance was  a thing of the past for me, so happy times.

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I had a strimmer that went on fire and committed harikari during use one time, so I took the bit that the strimmer wire was wrapped around off, and used it from then on to wrap my earphone cable around when not in use instead.  Mrs Ranter was horrified and said I was a pikey, but cable tangle annoyance was  a thing of the past for me, so happy times.

You should get that on the tik tok too!