Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Getting a text about an online order, with a link to the delivery company tracking site which when you go to it, it gives you contradictory information.

The message from the company I've ordered it from claims " "your item is with our delivery partner, you can track on their site using the link below". You do that. So far, so far...

The tracking site says that just after 9.00 pm yesterday "your parcel has been collected"... but on the same page it says "we're sorry but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender".

You can't get the staff nowadays!

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Getting a text about an online order, with a link to the delivery company tracking site which when you go to it, it gives you contradictory information.

The message from the company I've ordered it from claims " "your item is with our delivery partner, you can track on their site using the link below". You do that. So far, so far...

The tracking site says that just after 9.00 pm yesterday "your parcel has been collected"... but on the same page it says "we're sorry but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender".

You can't get the staff nowadays!

Tell me you’re dealing with DHL without telling me you’re dealing with DHL?

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

You might think that.  You might very well think that, but I couldn't possibly comment...

F**kers texted me with a delivery window five hours ago...texted me in the middle of the window with news the package was one stop away...now it's 10 miles away and heading the other direction, and the delivery window expired...just saying! And I paid a bucket for this privilege, they were the only option!

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

F**kers texted me with a delivery window five hours ago...texted me in the middle of the window with news the package was one stop away...now it's 10 miles away and heading the other direction, and the delivery window expired...just saying! And I paid a bucket for this privilege, they were the only option!

I feel your pain. My stuff was due to be delivered on or by 4 April.  This morning I've been told it's coming on Monday...

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

The shocking inconsistency in thickness of sliced bread.

20240405_120643.thumb.jpg.c1edf0aba3ef15a17f105715360ab931.jpg20240405_120627.thumb.jpg.e751be44ee71845a9af7720a4c09bc69.jpg

My word, this is is worthy of the Compo Face thread. Get the Daily Record contacted. Major thumbs up for the use of technology to prove your point. 

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Might be an anomaly, measure the rest.

I did. 18 slices - maximum thickness 16.38mm, minimum 13.52mm - a variance of 2.86mm or a whopping 21.2%. No wonder my toast results are all over the place! 

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I did. 18 slices - maximum thickness 16.38mm, minimum 13.52mm - a variance of 2.86mm or a whopping 21.2%. No wonder my toast results are all over the place! 

You know how to live.

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

The shocking inconsistency in thickness of sliced bread.

20240405_120643.thumb.jpg.c1edf0aba3ef15a17f105715360ab931.jpg20240405_120627.thumb.jpg.e751be44ee71845a9af7720a4c09bc69.jpg

For as long as I can remember white sliced bread has been like that, the slices alternate thick/thin.

4 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

For as long as I can remember white sliced bread has been like that, the slices alternate thick/thin.

Alternative intro to Goodfellas. 

Only bread I will eat is original Mighty White 

image.thumb.jpeg.e60ba282033c1215dd28a1ffe9187afe.jpeg

I have approx 197 loaves still frozen. I also have 76 unopened boxes of Kelloggs Start 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

34 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Only bread I will eat is original Mighty White 

image.thumb.jpeg.e60ba282033c1215dd28a1ffe9187afe.jpeg

I have approx 197 loaves still frozen. I also have 76 unopened boxes of Kelloggs Start 

Let's talk.